If you’re looking for a flavor-packed side salad that is quick and easy to make, you’ve come to the right post! This Ramen Noodle Salad uses Asian-inspired ingredients with instant ramen noodles, crunchy toasted almonds, veggies, coleslaw, and a tangy salad dressing.
Enjoy this cold salad as a summertime side dish with a variety of meat, or share it with friends at your next potluck.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This side dish can be made in just 20 minutes - great for parties, potlucks, or cookouts.
- This ramen noodle salad is a much healthier option than regular instant ramen noodles since the packaged seasoning is not included. These seasonings are usually very high in sodium!
- There are so many ways to vary this recipe. There’s no limit to how you can make it your own!
While this Ramen Noodle Salad is not a traditional Asian recipe, the Asian-inspired ingredients and flavors, together with the crunchy instant ramen noodles and toasted almonds, make this side salad truly irresistible!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- pre-mix cole slaw is our short cut for this recipe.
- almonds give this salad a nice crunch but add any other nut you prefer.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Add the sliced almonds to a baking tray and toast them in the oven at 350F for 7-8 minutes.
- In a glass jar that has a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, rice vinegar, and honey.
- Next, add the minced garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Shake the dressing well to mix and combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Break up the ramen noodles in their packaging and add to a large mixing bowl, discarding the packaged seasoning which you won’t need.
- Add the coleslaw mix.
- Add the carrots.
- Add the toasted almonds and green onion.
- Drizzle the salad with the salad dressing.
- Toss the ingredients to combine well.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- salad bowl
- jar with tight fitting lid
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- measuring spoons
- dry measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making this Asian Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe.
Ramen noodles are great to mix with sriracha, cooked and crumbled bacon, kimchi, sesame seeds, dried seaweed, fresh herbs, a drizzle of sesame oil, crushed chiles, or a wedge of lime.
Add sliced almonds to a baking tray and toast them in the oven at 350F for 7-8 minutes or until golden in color.
Yes! Lettuce is surprisingly good with ramen and can be lightly fried with the other sauteed veggies before being combined with the other ingredients.
It’s easy to reinvent instant ramen by adding curry powder, chili paste, miso pasta, or fish sauce. Adding meat to the dish is also another way to reinvent instant ramen.
No. This recipe already has enough flavoring. You can discard the seasoning packet or keep it in your pantry for other recipes.
- Roasting the almonds elevates the flavor of the nut, which adds something special to the salad.
- For less mess, break the noodles while they are still in the packaging and then add it to the mixing bowl.
- If you want to make this salad ahead of time, I recommend preparing the salad dressing about 24 hours in advance and storing it in the refrigerator. Shake it well before drizzling over the freshly assembled salad.
- While I haven’t roasted the ramen noodles, you can do so for extra crunch. Add them to the tray while toasting the almonds.
- Add lo mein noodles to this dish instead of ramen instant noodles to get a full meal. The substitution works very well!
- I’ve used coleslaw mix for convenience but you can make your own with a mixture of red and green cabbage if you prefer.
- The raw ramen noodles provide a delicious crunch to this cold salad, but you can cook them instead.
- You can increase the variety of vegetables used in this dish. Bell peppers, radishes, cucumber, and broccoli slaw are all great options.
- Fresh fruit is an interesting addition to this salad. Try sliced apples, pineapple, or mandarin oranges.
- Add meat to this salad for a main meal. Shrimp, chicken, salmon, or steak can be added to this salad.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge, although this ramen noodle salad is best tasting with a crunchy texture immediately after assembling. The crunchy ramen noodles and toasted almonds will soften in storage.
📗 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve with
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Everyone knows I’m all about Italian cuisine. After all, it runs through my blood! However, I also love getting creative with other cuisines, adapting ingredient combinations for interesting flavor combinations and textures. This Ramen Noodle Salad is one such recipe!
Using instant ramen noodles is a great way to add extra crunch to this Asian-inspired cold side salad. It’s certainly become one of my favorites for parties, potlucks, and summertime cookouts!
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
This Ramen Noodle Salad is an Asian-inspired cold side salad made with crunchy instant ramen noodles, coleslaw mix, sauteed veggies, toasted almonds, and tossed in a tangy dressing. Enjoy it alongside shrimp, salmon, steak, pork chops, or chicken.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
The BEST Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
Ramen Noodle Salad
- 14 ounce coleslaw mix
- 6 ounce dry ramen noodles broken into pieces - discard the seasoning packets.
- 1 cup carrots matchstick cut
- ½ cup green onion sliced
- 1 cup sliced almonds toasted
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid combine the olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, minced garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Shake the dressing well to mix and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Ramen Noodle Salad
- Break up the ramen noodles in their packet (this makes less of a mess). Discard the seasoning packets - you don't need them.
- Add the salad ingredients and toasted almonds to a large salad bowl. Add the ramen noodles to the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss to combine.