This summer salad is loaded with fresh from the garden vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and seasoned with aromatic basil. A light dressing of extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar is all this simple salad needs.
Why you'll like this recipe...
- uses your fresh vegetables from the garden.
- you can make it ahead.
- keeps in the refrigerator for several days.
- the summer flavors simply burst in your mouth.
This Basil Tomato Cucumber Salad is so light and refreshing. It's the perfect dish to cool down on a hot summer day! The dressing is tangy and flavorful without weighing the salad down. There are so many pluses to this salad and one that's the best is that this salad is healthy!
A tomato and cucumber salad can be rich in essential nutrients, such as potassium and vitamin C. Some kinds of tomato and cucumber salad can also help you lose weight by satisfying your hunger with low calorie vegetables. To promote weight loss, also consider the remainder of your diet and the dressing you use on the salad.
It's absolutely delicious. Think of the Italian caprese salad. It's also delicious chopped up with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and whatever else you've got—a little zing that elevates a basic salad to something special.
By salting the cucumbers before adding them to the salad. This removes the water from the cucumber without greatly affecting the taste or texture. Sprinkle salt on the cut pieces of cucumber. The salt encourages the cucumber to leach out excess liquid, reducing the risk that you'll end up with a watery salad.
You can also use English Cucumbers which have less water and seed in them.
The tomato salad dressing: A simple vinaigrette dressing of olive oil and red wine vinegar with a touch of basil.
For the salad: Toss tomatoes and fresh mozzarella small balls or cubes with dressing in a medium salad bowl toss together tomatoes with dressing.
Basil Tomato Cucumber Recipe - Panera Copycat
- 1 English cucumber Sliced into half moons
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes halved
- ½ Red onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh basil cut into ribbons
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients except basil into large bowl.
- Add the vinegar and oil and toss well.
- Sprinkle the basil ribbons on top and mix in. Save some to sprinkle on when serving.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes but you may serve right away if you wish.
Leave a Reply