These easy Breakfast Sausage Rolls are perfect for camping, while you’re on the go, or as a convenient addition to the breakfast table. Add or swap the filling ingredients to suit your family! So simple and so delicious!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Using refrigerated crescent roll dough is a super convenient way to cut down on recipe time and effort when it comes to making a tasty breakfast for the family.
- These breakfast roll-ups can be made ahead of time and reheated while camping or on a road trip!
- Easily customize your breakfast roll-up filling with simple ingredient swaps.
Your favorite breakfast ingredients are now all rolled up in flaky and puffy crescent roll dough for a truly scrumptious meal!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this Breakfast Sausage Roll-ups recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls (8 count)
- Cooked Breakfast Sausage links
- Sandwich-size cheese -- we used Pepper Jack
- Chili Powder (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- While the oven preheats, crack open three eggs into a small bowl.
- Beat the eggs well, reserving 1 Tablespoon for brushing on the tops of the assembled crescent rolls.
- Add the beaten eggs to a skillet and sprinkle the chili powder over it.
- Scramble the eggs and place the skillet to the side.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough on a smooth surface and separate it into 8 triangles.
- Place a slice of cheese on each triangle.
- Add a spoonful of scrambled eggs on top of the cheese per triangle.
- Top each triangle filling with one sausage link.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped herbs of choice over the filling.
- Roll up each triangle and place them on a parchment-lined tray.
- Now, take the reserved beaten egg and brush the top of each rolled-up triangle.
- Season the tops of the rolls with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making Breakfast Sausage Rolls.
These sausage rolls can be enjoyed alongside other breakfast foods such as green fried tomatoes, hash browns, air fried bacon…the options are endless!
While crescent rolls and croissants are very similar, crescent rolls have more of a homemade roll dough while croissants have more of a puff pastry dough which makes them extra flaky.
No. Puff pastry is a lot flakier than crescent rolls. Puff pastry also excludes some ingredients that are commonly found in crescent roll dough such as milk, sugar, and yeast.
This depends on what your health and dietary goals are but generally speaking, crescent rolls aren’t the healthiest option when it comes to selecting a dough for your baked goods. This is because each roll contains up to 6 grams of fat and a high amount of sodium.
- To make a lighter version try these substitutions: scrambled egg white and turkey sausage.
- Save time by purchasing the precooked sausage links.
- While I haven’t specified what brand of crescent roll dough to use for this recipe, Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls is always a great option to use. We always keep some on hand for quick recipes.
- Easily reheat leftover breakfast roll-ups by wrapping them in aluminum foil and baking them for 5-10 minutes at 350F.
- You could assemble and bake these breakfast roll-ups ahead of time to reheat on a grill over a campfire while camping. They’re also fabulous for road trips!
- Add extra spice or heat to these breakfast roll-ups by adding in more chili powder, or including some cayenne pepper and sliced jalapenos.
- Reduce the fat content in this recipe by opting for chicken or turkey sausage which is naturally leaner meat.
- You can use scrambled egg whites for these breakfast crescent rolls instead of the yolk and whites.
- Make these crescent rolls vegetarian and vegan by using a vegan sausage, and vegan cheese, and omitting the eggs. You could replace the eggs with some veggies such as mushrooms and caramelized onions!
You can store these breakfast crescent rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You also have the option to freeze these rolls, once completely cooled and flash frozen, for up to 3 months. Wrap each roll tightly with plastic wrap to store in a Ziploc bag or airtight container.
📗 Related Recipes
I love the convenience of making tasty snacks and foods with refrigerated crescent roll dough. This Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is evidence that you can make any kind of dish with crescent roll dough - sweet, savory…you name it!
🍽 Serve with
You could also serve these roll-ups as a snack or party appetizer alongside a favorite dipping sauce.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
I’m a strong believer in starting the day right with a hearty breakfast but sometimes, the thought of having to cook three main meals a day for the family can be overwhelming. Thanks to the convenience of a crescent roll dough, you can get breakfast on the table with just 15 minutes of preparation!
Seems like mornings are always rushed. A quick and easy solution is to whip up a Homemade English Muffin recipe and have those delightful muffins on hand. Slather with your favorite spread and you're good to go.
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
These easy breakfast roll-ups are loaded with creamy melted cheese, scrambled eggs, and sausage with a sprinkle of chili powder, then brushed with an egg wash so that they crisp to a beautiful golden brown color in the oven.
The crescent roll dough never disappoints either! Apart from being the convenient choice, it puffs up with just the right amount of volume and flakes for that maximum comfort-food factor.
Next time try making this delicious make ahead casserole recipe, Breakfast Enchiladas.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Breakfast Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Rolls
- Medium size non-stick skillet 10-inch an 10-inch will do.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Original Crescent Rolls 8-Count
- 8 Breakfast sausages Fully cooked
- 4 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese Sandwich-size
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350℉.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Reserve 1 Tablespoon beaten egg for brushing on tops of crescent rolls. Add the chili powder to the eggs and scramble remaining eggs in a medium size non-stick skillet.
- Unroll dough onto work surface; separate into 8 triangles.
- Cut the cheese slices in half; place 1 half on each triangle.
- Top each with a spoonful of scrambled eggs and 1 sausage link.
- Loosely roll up the triangles as directed on the can; place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (if not using parchment paper, place on ungreased baking sheet.)
- Brush reserved beaten egg on top of each crescent. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each roll.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.