This Beefy Baked Ravioli recipe is an easy, one-skillet dinner that the whole family will love! Tender ravioli is smothered in a rich meat sauce and cheese, then baked to perfection. Serve with a side of garlic bread for mopping up all that delicious sauce!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This ravioli bake is hearty and comforting yet still perfect for busy weeknights.
- You only need simple ingredients that are all easy to find at your local grocery store.
- You only need a few kitchen tools to make this recipe for ravioli bake.
Skillet dinners are always a winner in our book because you have fewer dishes to wash and dinner can be on the table in no time at all. You won't regret giving this recipe a try the next time you are craving pasta.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this Beefy Baked Ravioli recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- cheese ravioli - we like using the Buitoni brand but use whichever one you like or even homemade.
- crushed tomatoes - the Mutti brand for polpa is what we use to get a genuine Italian tomato flavor. But you may use what you like - it will still taste fantastic.
- Italian seasoning - herbs and spices will go bad. Be sure that your Italian seasoning isn't over 3 years old. It won't hurt you but it will lose its potency.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring often, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove beef; drain and set aside. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, stock, and Italian seasoning.
- Then add the salt, pepper, and ravioli. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until ravioli are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Uncover and return cooked beef to skillet. Stir in half of the spinach, and cook just until wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and garnish with fresh basil.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this Beefy Baked Ravioli recipe successfully.
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making this Baked Ravioli with ground beef, spinach, and cheese recipe.
Yes, ravioli can be baked well, however, you will need to make that it is baked in plenty of liquid as the pasta will absorb a lot of liquid.
Yes, there is no need to thaw frozen ravioli before you bake it.
I think that adding a rich tomato sauce, and lots of cheese always makes ravioli taste better.
To cook pre-packaged ravioli you can follow the directions on the back of the package or you can add it to sauce and broth and simmer it in a skillet for about 8 minutes.
- Make sure that your ground beef is fully cooked before you add it back to the baked ravioli recipe.
- If you want to make this recipe ahead, go ahead and simmer the ravioli and then allow it to cool. When you are ready to serve top with cheese and bake as directed.
- Don't have a cast iron skillet on hand? You can use any oven safe skillet or transfer your ravioli to a baking pan.
- I prefer to shred my own cheese because it tends to melt better. Pre-shredded can be used but it won't melt as well.
- If you prefer a creamy sauce, you can add ½ cup of heavy whipping to your tomato sauce.
- Instead of using ground beef, you can use Italian sausage, ground turkey, or even ground chicken.
- You can also add in some sauteed vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, or even bell peppers.
- I like to use cheese ravioli in this recipe, but you could also use your favorite meat filled ravioli instead if you prefer.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 to minutes. Or, you can reheat single servings in the microwave for one minute.
📗 Related Recipes
- Fried Ravioli is crispy and so delicious and very easy to make. If you are looking for a family-friendly Italian appetizer then this toasted ravioli recipe is for you.
- White Lasagna Ravioli is a delicious and tasty pasta dish that is loaded with cheese, fresh spinach, and a creamy alfredo sauce. The next time you are craving a twist on lasagna you can give this recipe a try.
- If you are looking to experiment with homemade ravioli, then you may want to give this Lamb Ravioli recipe a try. It's a tasty twist on this classic pasta recipe.
🍽 Serve with
- Are you looking for a delicious appetizer to serve before this meal? If so, this Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is a flavorful way to kick this meal off right.
- You can't have baked ravioli without garlic bread, and this Garlic Cheesy Bread recipe is the perfect side dish to serve with this comfort food meal.
- If you love the taste of a classic chocolate eclair, this Italian Love Cake is soon to become a favorite choice of cake! It's great made ahead and is a delicious way to end this meal.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Do you love ravioli but don't like having to fuss with boiling it? If so, then this baked ravioli recipe is for you. It's cheesy, hearty, and full of beefy flavors. You can't go wrong with this recipe. We love the flavors in our lasagna recipe but sometimes don't have the time for all the steps. This is our no fuss lasagna version.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
If you're looking for an easy and delicious weeknight meal, look no further than beefy baked ravioli! This dish is simple to prepare and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, it's perfect for satisfying those hearty appetites.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Easy Beefy Baked Ravioli Casserole
- 16 oz. ground beef lean 85%
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, medium size about 3 cups
- 2 Tablespoons garlic finely chopped (about 3 medium garlic cloves)
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 20 oz. four cheese ravioli refrigerated or frozen (such as Buitoni)
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese whole milk or part skim
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese about ½ cup
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to broil with rack 9-inches from heat.
- Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, stirring often, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove beef; drain and set aside. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, stock, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and ravioli. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until ravioli are tender, abut 8 minutes. Uncover and return cooked beef to skillet.
- Stir in half of spinach, and cook just until wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven, and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve hot with some garlic bread and a tossed salad.