This sweet and creamy Pumpkin Dip Recipe is made with cream cheese, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, yogurt, and warm holiday spices. It’s the ideal dessert dip to serve for Thanksgiving or to simply enjoy as a treat with the family during the cooler weeks of Fall!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This Pumpkin Dip is budget-friendly and calls for minimal ingredients, allowing you to enjoy this delicious sweet dip whenever the craving hits!
- It’s irresistibly smooth and creamy with loads of flavor and warm spices that you’d expect from Fall-inspired recipes.
- You can enjoy this sweet pumpkin pie dip as part of a dessert table over the holidays such as Thanksgiving when entertaining but can also be whipped up for a casual gathering with friends.
This Fall dip is my kind of sweet dip -thick and creamy with a subtle pumpkin flavor and warm spices. It’s so good you could eat it by the spoonful!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this Pumpkin Dip recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- pumpkin puree
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Place the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until completely incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate the pumpkin dip for an hour before serving.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this Pumpkin Dip recipe successfully.
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- dry measuring cups
- measuring spoons
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making this Pumpkin Dip Recipe.
Yes! You can use it to make a trifle with layers of vanilla wafer, graham crackers, and whipped topping. You can also add it to the batter of cupcakes, donuts, or as a filling to no-bake mini pumpkin pies. I’ve also enjoyed it as a sweet spread on bagels, pancakes, and other pastries.
This dip can be served immediately after assembling all of the ingredients but I do recommend allowing it to first chill in the refrigerator so that it firms up a bit.
No. Pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling are two completely different things. Pumpkin puree is pure pumpkin without added sugar or spice while pumpkin pie filling contains other ingredients such as sugar and spice.
If you use pumpkin pie filling, the texture of the dip will be more runny and overly sweet.
- Make sure that you chill the pumpkin dip and keep it in the refrigerator until you serve it. Don’t allow it to sit for any extended period of time at room temperature prior to serving due to the dairy-based ingredients.
- To cut down the chilling time in the refrigerator, you can pop the dip into the freezer for 20 minutes prior to serving.
- You can make the creamy pumpkin pie dip ahead of time. Store it in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Make sure to give it a good stir before serving as dips tend to thicken in storage. If it’s a bit too thick for your liking, add a splash of milk.
- Always use cream cheese in a block, not the variety that is packaged in a tub.
- Adding some chocolate chips to this Fall dip makes it a more decadent sweet treat.
- Sprinkle some chopped nuts over the pumpkin pie dip as a delicious topping.
- You can use a low-fat cream cheese for this pumpkin dip but then I suggest that you don’t freeze it as it may be affected by the thawing process. The consistency of the dip may also be slightly different but it will taste delicious.
- Vanilla extract can be added to this dip if you would like a vanilla pumpkin dip.
- Instead of the cream cheese and Greek yogurt, you could use whipped topping and an instant vanilla pudding mix. This dip will then look more like a pumpkin fluff dip.
You can store this leftover pumpkin dip, covered, in the refrigerator for up to about 1 week. This dip can also be frozen but the consistency is likely to change from the freezing and thawing.
📗 Related Recipes
Get ready for pumpkin season and the holiday festivities with scrumptious Fall-inspired treats including Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cookies, Toasted Pecan Pumpkin Ice Cream, and Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins!
🍽 Serve with
This pumpkin dip can be served with sliced fruits such as apples and pears, Graham crackers, vanilla wafers, Gingersnaps, plain or chocolate-coated pretzels, or anything else you can think of…there are so many options available!
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Sweet dips with assorted wafers, sweet crackers, and sliced fruit are such an easy way to keep guests busy and satisfy sweet cravings. I’ve used this pumpkin pie dip in previous years as a dessert in itself as well as something to keep friends and family busy before the main dessert is served at Thanksgiving.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
Pumpkin Dip with cream cheese is the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with friends and family over Thanksgiving and throughout pumpkin season! Serve it with your favorite sweet crackers, wafers, pretzels, and sliced fruit.
If you love Halloween food fun, then these Nutter Butter mummies will be a huge hit at your Fall party. To add some spooky fun to your party and gatherings, add some Halloween Cocoa Krispy Rice treats in the form of adorable spiders. And for your apple pie lovers, try out our Salted Caramel Apple Pie bars that are delicious to eat and easy to serve.
If you love pumpkin and fall flavors, next time try our delicious Pumpkin Crumb Cake recipe.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
- 8 ounce Cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 15 ounce Pumpkin puree 1 can
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla flavor
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until creamy and combined. About 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree, vanilla Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until completely incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.