Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins. What a great way to start the day! Take some old-fashioned oatmeal, add all sorts of good and nutritious ingredients, such as cinnamon, apple chunks, walnuts, protein powder for an extra boost, and you end up with one super breakfast oatmeal muffin.
Wouldn’t you like to have a complete nutritious breakfast at your fingertips when you’re short on time?
Make and freeze breakfast oatmeal muffins
You can easily make 12 breakfast oatmeal muffins when you have time, then thaw and serve the chunky apple cinnamon breakfast muffins when you don’t have the time. Just stick the yummy muffins in the microwave and smell the wonderful aroma of apples and cinnamon that fills the air.
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins also make a terrific snack for your children or an energy boost for you after a run or a workout at the gym. Do you have a lot of shopping to do but no time to stop and eat? Take a satisfying oatmeal muffin along with you.
Breakfast oatmeal muffins are good for you
We make our oatmeal muffins with old-fashioned oatmeal. Oatmeal is low in saturated fat and cholesterol but rich in fiber. I hope you’re not getting sleepy with reading this scientific stuff. But eating some form of oatmeal is a great way to start your day, plus it’s a natural whole grain oat that helps keep your energy level high.
Now, for those people who have problems with gluten, whole grain oatmeal doesn’t naturally contain gluten but it may have a small amount introduced in transportation or processing. Most people can eat the oats without problems.
Breakfast oatmeal muffins pack nutrition and taste
Along with good for you oatmeal, we include as many nutritious ingredients as we can in one little ole muffin. The muffin is a breakfast powerhouse with heart-healthy apple chunks, omega-3s rich walnuts, antioxidant loaded cinnamon, lauric acid-rich coconut oil, and low-fat almond milk.
We hope you give these muffins a try, we know you won’t be disappointed. Be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter so we can share what we’re cooking in our kitchen.
Tutti a tavola è pronto
Nutritious Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 3/4 cups old-fashioned oatmeal not instant, quick cooking, or steal cut
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples Granny Smith and Galas are good, I used one of each
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup almond milk you can use your preferred milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line muffin tins with muffin liners that are sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bow add the brown sugar, eggs, melted coconut oil and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the milk, vanilla and when that is smooth add the apple chunks.
- In another bowl combine the oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, whey protein powder, salt and mix until combined. Mix in the walnuts. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups to just below the top. As you scoop be sure to stir the ingredients so you get an even mix of oats and liquid in each muffin.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Cool completely before storing in sealed container. We wrap each muffin in plastic wrap and then freeze in a zip-lock bag.
- When ready to serve, remove the muffin paper and heat in microwave. They taste as if they were just baked.
Note: Recipes and content from © 2016 All Our Way are copyright protected. Please do not use content or recipe without prior written permission. If you want to share the information, please link to this post. Grazie.