Pumpkin Ice Cream With Toasted Pecans is a piece of pumpkin pie combined with pecan pie, only without the crust. This creamy ice cream includes the best of both desserts in an easy no-churn recipe. Wouldn’t you love to have a no-fail dessert recipe you could whip up anytime?
Mixing new with traditional
Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? We did; terrific family plus outstanding food! Did you do the typical turkey with all the trimmings? We made our regular Southwestern brined turkey, Italian Dressing or Stuffing with Sausage, and Hard Italian Rolls. We did try some new dishes, Broccoli with Mushrooms and make ahead mashed potatoes with sauteed onion. Do you like experimenting with new recipes? We enjoy mixing new with traditional.
Pumpkin for Thanksgiving
Toasted Pecan Pumpkin Ice Cream was Honey’s idea. Shelley, our daughter, said she’d bring the sweets, which she did, a mouth-watering pumpkin pie dessert and an apple pie. In fact, our grandsons helped her make them. We had a lot of heavy whipping cream leftover, so the perfect solution was to make a no-churn ice cream and serve it with the other desserts.
I think there is an unwritten rule that you have to use pumpkin in a dessert at Thanksgiving. We always like to follow the rules 😉 plus we had the ingredients, so it was a matter of mixing them together. Easier than pie! No-churn ice cream is the perfect quick no-fail dessert.
Easy no-churn pumpkin ice cream for dessert
All it takes to make No-Churn Toasted Pecan Pumpkin Ice Cream is a can of pumpkin pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, pecans, heavy whipping cream, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon liqueur. Put the creamy mixture in a freezer proof container and wait several hours. Waiting! That’s the hardest part. Now, isn’t this a simple recipe?
You say you don’t like pumpkin? Well, you can substitute the pie filling with apple pie filling, cherry filling, Nutella, Strawberry, the possibilities are endless. My mind churns with easy ice cream ideas. 🙂 What’s your favorite flavor? How about a triple chocolate flavor? Or, how about a Rocky Road or a cookie dough ice cream? Let us know what ice cream flavors you’re making!
Be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter, we’re busy cooking in the kitchen, and we’d love to share with you what we’re doing.
Tutti a tavola è pronto!
Toasted Pecan Pumpkin Ice Cream Easy No-Churn
Pumpkin Ice Cream with Toasted Pecans is a piece of pumpkin pie combined with pecan pie, only without the crust, the best of both desserts in a no-churn form.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2 quarts
- Category: Dessert, sweets, dolci, frozen dessert, Thanksgiving
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup pecan pieces toasted
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 14 oz. can pumpkin pie filling
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup cinnamon liqueur
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chill the bowl and beaters before whipping the cream
- Toast the pecan pieces in 1 Tablespoon of butter. Let cool.
- Mix the pie filling, the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon liqueur in a bowl and chill.
- Whip the cream in the chilled bowl with the chilled beaters until you get stiff peaks. Do not over beat.
- Using the same beaters slightly whip the chilled pumpkin ingredients.
- Fold the pumpkin ingredients into the whipped cream. Don’t mix! Fold! Once it is thoroughly combined add the toasted pecans.
- Put in containers and freeze. Makes about 2 quarts ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Note: Recipes and content from © All Our Way 2016 are copyright protected. Please do not use content or recipe without prior written permission. If you want to share the information, please link to this post. Grazie!