This three layered Blueberries Cream Pie Recipe starts with a baked flaky pie shell, followed by an easy homemade jammy blueberry pie filling lining the bottom of the crust. Then we add a middle lemon creamy layer with lemon zest for additional tang. The top layer is whipped cream studded with lemon zest. The lemon zest cuts the sweetness of the cream and adds an additional tangy note to the topping.
The filling isn’t dense like a cheesecake, but light making it an ideal year-round dessert.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- it's an easy pie recipe that a beginner and a pro can easily make and be proud to serve.
- a no bake blueberry cream pie makes one of the best warm weather and summer desserts.
- simple recipe ingredients makes one of the best pie recipes you'll ever taste.
- the three layers make an incredible blueberry pie that tastes heavenly and looks beautiful.
This is the first recipe we make when we blueberry season hits. Creamy Blueberry Bottom Pie turned out to be quick and easy as well as eye pleasing with the triple layers.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- Blueberries -- pureed.
- Lemon Pudding and Pie Filling (cook variety)
- Lemon - you won't need the lemon juice, just the zest.
- Baked pie shell - you may use your pie dough you may use your homemade recipe, the refrigerator variety or frozen pie crust.
- Cool Whip -- this shows as fat free and we use regular.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the Blueberry Pie recipe card below.
- Combine 1 package pie filling mix, ¼ cup milk, the pureed berries, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to boil.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the prepared pie crust; cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Prepare remaining package pie filling mix with remaining milk as directed on package for pie. Chill.
- Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Pour on top of the blueberry layer.
- Spread the filling over blueberries.
- Combine remaining whipped topping and lemon rind. Spoon over filling. Freeze for 1 hour or chill in refrigerator 3 hours.
- Garnish with fresh berries, mint leaves, and additional lemon rind.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant i the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Electric mixer
- Large Bowl
- Small saucepan
- Pie Pan 9-inch
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Pie Server
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making (recipe name)
The regular pie filling is baked after it is poured into the pie crust. With most cream pies the fillings are either prepared on the stovetop or whipped up and poured into an already baked crust.
It could be that it wasn't cooked long enough and the thickener didn't have the chance to set up.
The state of Maine designated the blueberry pie as their official state dessert.
To avoid a runny blueberry pie, use smaller berries, use tapioca flour as a thickener, and allow the baked pie to cool as instructed in the recipe! It is important that the pie cooks as long as directed. If it has a crust and seems to be browning too fast, tent the top with aluminum foil. If your pie still has some excess liquid after cutting it, just spoon it out or soak it up with paper towel
If you're loathe to turn on the oven for a traditional pie crust, make your first layer a graham cracker crust. You can purchase the crust already made up.
We like to freeze this cream pie. Not only does it last longer, but we love the ice cream texture of the filling.
You can use frozen blueberries instead of the fresh. For the blueberry topping you will need to use fresh berries.
Blueberries and lemon make a winning combination. But, if you want to switch it up a bit, next time use a coconut cream pie filling for your creamy layer.
Instead of a traditional pie crust, make it with a homemade graham cracker crust or even a store-bought one.
You can also substitute strawberries for your cups of fresh blueberries.
Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
We like to freeze the pie and take it out of the freezer about an hour before serving. It's best to store the blueberry pie in an airtight container or tightly cover it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
📗 Related Recipes
Italians love their fruit and their lemons.
If you are of the same mind, this lemon tart is delicious with a biscotti crust.
You can't beat this Isle of Capri citrus inspired shrimp with pasta. The lemon and orange makes a fantastic sauce you'll want to drink up with a spoon.
Combine your chicken with lemon and garlic and you have a fantastic meal. The lemon and garlic flavors the meat just right.
To start your morning on the right note, combine your blueberries with your oatmeal. It almost tastes like a dessert!
🍽 Serve with
This dessert is wonderful year round. We especially enjoy it at the end of a grilled dinner such as our Lemon grilled chicken.
The blueberry dessert is NOT heavy, it finishes off our Bacon-wrapped Pork Tenderloin perfectly.
Fruit pies such as this creamy blueberry bottom pie is an ideal finale for our Grilled Pork Kebabs.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
We love our blueberries. They are so popular, I've seen recipes for pies, popsicles, ice cream, bars, muffins, scones, sauces, syrups, smoothies, cakes -- I think you get the picture.
Anything your imagination can come up with has already been done. Would you believe I even saw a pizza made with blueberries?
I wanted to try something a little different. I was thinking cold and creamy dessert.
So with cold and creamy in mind I thought of the peachy thing pie .Then I asked myself, why not do something similar only with blueberries?
Ecco! It would be Blueberry Cream Pie.
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
Summer is officially here because five-pound boxes of blueberry are on sale at the grocery store. We bought two boxes for just the two of us. I know that is a LOT of blueberry.
So now, we have to come up with some fantastic recipes for those delicious nuggets. This easy refrigerator dessert that looks lovely sliced and is a favorite of our family guests will be the first recipe we make.
If you go nutty over easy refrigerator desserts then you will certainly go crazy over our Pineapple Delight recipe that is popular at all picnics and potlucks.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Blueberry Cream Pie With Lemon Whipped Topping
- 2 packages 4-serving size Lemon Pudding and Pie Filling ( NOT instant)
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups blueberries pureed (1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 ½ cups thawed Whipped Topping
- Combine 1 package pie filling mix, ¼ cup of the milk, the pureed berries and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full boil. Pour into crust; cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Prepare remaining package pie filling mix with remaining milk as directed on package for pie. Add 1 teaspoon of the lemon rind; pour into bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill about 1 hour, until cold. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping and spoon over blueberry layer.
- Combine remaining whipped topping and lemon rind. Spoon over filling. Freeze for 1 hour or chill in refrigerator 3 hours before serving. Garnish with blueberries and mint leaves, if desired.
- We freeze the pie and we take it out of the freezer about an hour before serving.
- We don't like having a partial container of whipped topping left over so we usually end up using all of the topping for the dessert - it won't negatively affect the pie at all 🙂
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Promise
First published July 25, 2016. Last updated March 8, 2022. Updated the post to include more instructions and improve reader experience.