Lemon Garlic Chicken started off as a crock pot recipe and then morphed into a one-dish oven meal.
I love simplicity and I love making delicious meals without using a lot of utensils and ingredients, especially when we’re short on time.
Chicken Dinner Inspiration
This particular day we’d been fishing the entire day and it started with us getting up at 4 am and arriving at Jekyll Island just as the sun was rising over the trees.
Sunrise on Jekyll Island
Now you are probably thinking, why in heavens name did they get up so early? Surely there are ample fish in the ocean!
Well the answer is yes there are lots of fish in the ocean but. . . .
. . . .you have to get to the good spot and at the right time of tide.
You know– that place where they’re biting and that special time in relation to high or low tide. The place where you’ve had luck before. That particular spot that others may have observed you bringing in the trout and flounder.
That spot– for us– was on the east side of Jekyll Island pier.
We spent the entire day on the pier and we did get lucky. Now as you know, from the bonnet head shark incident, my job consists of getting the pier net and lowering it into the water so my Honey can bring in the fish. Sometimes he can just heave ho the fish up to the deck . . . . but if the fish is large it’s best to use the net.
Easy Chicken Dinner
Once we got back to our rental house, Righteous Oaks, we wanted something to eat that was satisfying, something that appealed to our taste buds, something that was easy to make and didn’t take a lot of time.
We knew it was a lot to ask, but I was determined to find a recipe. The search didn’t take long. The Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe seemed to jump out at me.
It had everything I was searching for . . . .
. . . . satisfying, appealing, easy and quick!
I couldn’t believe how simple it was and Hallelujah I had all the ingredients on hand.
How many times have you come across a recipe and all it asks for are three main ingredients?
For me? Practically never!
The chicken thighs were in the fridge, thawed — we’d planned on grilling them but this recipe sounded so much more appealing. We always have lemons on hand — and garlic??
Hello?!! I’m Italian! Our house would not be complete without garlic. . . .it’s a staple.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Dinner
Do you know the saying “If something sounds too good to be true it probably is?” The instructions were so simple I thought I must have missed something.
- All I had to do for the Lemon Garlic Chicken was put the thighs in a bowl
- Squeeze lemon over it
- Add the cloves of garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Add Tuscany seasoning or Italian seasoning and mix well.
To give it an additional kick, I decided to sprinkle on the smoke paprika. We love the smokey taste and we like the golden color it gives the meat.
5. Then all we need to do said is dump everything in a large baking dish and bake in a 375 ℉ oven for 30 minutes.
Whew!! I was all worn out with all the work I had to go through for the Lemon Garlic Chicken.
Once the Lemon Garlic Chicken is done it’s time for the true test —taste.
We can honestly say that this tangy chicken recipe with the smoky garlic flavor is now a favorite. The lemon garlic chicken was juicy and aromatic with just the right amount of Tuscan seasoning.
We couldn’t believe something so good came from something so basic — upscale taste with simple ingredients and instructions.
Tutti a tavolo è pronto!
Un caro saluto e alla prossima.
As An Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s new? check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We’ll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
Thank you for being part of All Our Way!
Lemon Garlic Chicken Dinner Recipe
We’ve made this recipe so many times that I can make it in my sleep. I’ve made it just in the glass casserole and put it under the boiler to give it a nice brown skin and I’ve also made it in our cast iron skillet. Works fantastic any way you want to make it.
If you like this recipe please give it a 5-star rating.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 8 Chicken thighs can make them boneless and skinless
- 3 lemons
- 16 cloves of peeled garlic left whole
- 1 Tablespoon Tuscany seasoning or Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken thighs. Slice the lemons in half and juice them over the thighs and add the lemon rinds to the bowl along with the garlic, salt, pepper, and Tuscany seasoning. Mix well, then put everything in a large baking dish spreading everything out evenly. Sprinkle smoked paprika over the chicken. We love the taste of the smoked paprika so we sprinkle quite a bit on the chicken. It's up to you.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake the chicken for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F. If it hasn't reached that point, put it back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes. When it reaches the temperature of 165 degrees F take it out of the oven, cover it with aluminum foil, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken thighs with the juices — discard the lemons.
- When we serve a dish with juices — we serve a side that will absorb that juice. We certainly don’t want to waste a flavorful sauce. With this dinner we served peppery couscous which does soak up the juice if there is any left.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We’ll never share your email or send you spam. Promise
Note: Recipes and content from © 2014-2020All Our Way are copyright protected. Please do not use content or recipe without prior written permission. If you want to share the information, please link to this post. Grazie.