We make this decadent Peaches and Cream Pie With Almonds with fresh peaches, rich whipped cream, cream cheese, and Vanilla pudding. The filling of this easy peach pie is studded with chunks of fruit and it's all piled high in a baked pie crust with more whipped cream and sliced peaches adorning the top making this a mouthwatering semi no-bake dessert.
❤️ Why we love this recipe
This isn't an ordinary peach pie. Nope! This is one you can put together in no time and have an amazing dessert that everyone ooh's and aah's over.
You can make as much of it from scratch as you want or you can take some shortcuts. It's up to you but no matter which way you choose, the results will be fantastic.
The beauty of this recipe is you can make it year-round by using canned or frozen peaches instead of fresh. See if this peach cream pie doesn't become a huge hit with your family.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are in the recipe card below.
- fresh ripe peaches --- may also use canned peaches or frozen
- pie crust -- use your favorite recipe for homemade pie crusts, a graham cracker crust, or a pre-made pie crust from the refrigerator section of your grocery store.
- instant pudding and pie filling -- either the lemon or vanilla flavor is excellent, we've used both in the past.
- whole milk -- for making the filling.
- cream cheese -- this is for the delicious creamy filling.
- vanilla extract -- enhances the rich creamy cheese layer.
- frozen whipped topping -- we used Cool Whip.
- shaved almonds -- optional for the topping
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth
- And, then blend in the sugar and 2 Tablespoons of milk.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping and mix thoroughly.
- And, then spread the cream cheese mixture into the crust.
- Top with the diced peaches, pressing down lightly. Chill.
- Prepare pudding mix pie filling mix with 1 cup milk as directed on the package for the pie.
- And, then add the extract and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the remaining 1 ½ cups whipped topping and spoon over the cheese mixture.
- Freeze for 1 hour or chill in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with peach slices and toasted almonds. You can add some more whipped topping if you so desire.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- medium mixing bowl
- pie pan or pie dish
- liquid measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- electric hand mixer
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making this Peaches and Cream Pie with Almonds
No, I recommend peeling your peaches so you don't bite into that fuzzy skin. Though, eating peach skin is not harmful.
Sun Haven Peaches and Intrepid Peaches are the best peaches to use in pies. They both hold up well to the high temperatures of the oven.
Overripe peaches make the best peach pies, they also work great for making jam making.
You don't have to blanch peaches before you add them to the pie. However, if you prefer softer peaches you can blanch them if you prefer.
- For the crust of this peach cream pie recipe, you can use your favorite homemade pie crust, or store-bought whichever you prefer.
- Make sure that if you have an unbaked pie crust you bake and cool your pie crust completely before you add the ingredients to the crust. Otherwise, your cream cheese filling may melt.
- If you are using frozen peaches for this pie, I recommend that you thaw them first and drain off any excess juice so that they don't water down your pie.
- For canned peaches make sure that you drain them well before you add them to the pie. But if you ask me fresh juicy peaches taste best on this pie.
- To prevent the peaches from browning you can dip them in a bowl of cold water with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Or, you can use Fruit-Fresh to keep them from browning too much.
- Feel free to add more and less whipped topping depending on your taste buds. It doesn't have to be exact so follow your heart.
- A teaspoon of cinnamon added to the cream cheese mixture would add a nice warm flavor to this pie.
- Instead of a pie shell, you could also use your favorite graham cracker crust or even an Oreo cookie crust for more flavor.
- If you are a fan of almond flavor, then next time you make this pie swap out the vanilla extract for almond extract. You will love the hint of flavor that it gives the creamy filling.
Store leftovers of this pie in the fridge for a couple of days. Or you can freeze the pie for up to one month. Just make sure that you place the pie in an airtight container or that you cover it tightly with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
📗 Related Recipes
And if you simply love creamy fruity desserts, you're going to go nuts over this Toasted Coconut Pineapple Recipe that tastes like a piña colada. And since apples are available year round, surprise the family with a Homemade American Apple Pie.
And if you're into chocolate and peanut butter, be sure to try our No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with crushed up Reese's cups on top. It's fabulous!
This delicious peaches and cream pie is the perfect summer dessert. Every summer we take a trip to a local peach orchard and pick up a basket of juicy fresh peaches. When we get home this creamy pie recipe is one of my favorite recipes to make with those fresh pies.
Tutti a tavola è pronto.
This Peaches and Cream Pie recipe is the perfect combination of fresh peaches, a creamy cream cheese layer, and a crunchy almond topping makes this pie a winner! Plus, it's so easy to make. And, you don't have to keep the oven on for long so you don't have to worry about heating up the house.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Peaches and Cream Almondine Pie
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3 ½ cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell cooled
- 2 medium peaches peeled, pitted and diced -- I sprinkle with Fruit Fresh so the peaches don't darken.
- 1 package 4 serving size Jell-O Vanilla or Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 1 cup cold milk
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- ⅓ shaved almonds -- toasted
- 2 medium peaches for garnish
- With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth; blend in the sugar and 2 Tablespoons milk.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping, mix thoroughly and then spread in crust.
- Top with the diced peaches, pressing down lightly. Chill.
- Prepare pie filling mix with 1 cup milk as directed on package for pie. Add extract and let stand 5 minutes. Fold in remaining 1 ½ cups whipped topping and spoon over cheese mixture.
- Freeze 1 hour or chill in the fridge for 3 hours before serving. Garnish with peach slices and toasted almonds. You can add some more whipped topping if you so desire 🙂
- Whenever I work with fruit that will darken such as peaches and apples, I always use Fruit-Fresh which keeps that from happening.
- And the whipped topping amount is more or less a suggestion. The recipe does call for a total of 3 ½ cups but this is not rocket science so I've been known to dump a little more in there. You're not going to hurt it -- just enjoy!!