This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an irresistible no-bake dessert that you can assemble in 10 minutes!
The creamy and sweet peanut butter filling sits on a decadent chocolate Oreo cookie crust and is topped with chopped Reese’s cups, mini chocolate chips, and melted peanut butter drizzle.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- It’s a quick and easy no-bake dessert you can assemble in 10 minutes!
- Perfect for those who love the peanut butter and chocolate combination in desserts and treats!
- This chocolate peanut butter pie freezes well. Make it ahead of busy holidays, potlucks, or special events.
Made with just 5 ingredients and your choice of toppings, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an absolute crowd-pleaser for the holidays or an indulgent midweek dessert!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are in the recipe card below.
- oreo prepared pie crust -- may also use graham cracker crust
- Cool Whip topping - or topping of your choice
- cream cheese
- confectioner's sugar
- Reese's cups -- can use regular size or mini variety
- peanut butter
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioners’ sugar.
- Whip until smooth.
- Add the Cool Whip.
- Fold the Cool Whip until combined well.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and spread evenly to fill.
- Top the pie with chopped Reese's Cups.
- Add the mini chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the pie with melted peanut butter and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making a peanut butter pie.
Elvis was well-known for his love of indulgent foods, including banana cream pie and peanut butter. This gives me confidence that he would have appreciated this chocolate peanut butter pie!
Yes. Freeze this pie for one month and thaw it in the fridge.
Peanut butter pie originated from the State of Georgia in America.
Peanut butter pie consists of chocolate pie crust, creamy and sweet whipped peanut butter filling, and toppings such as chopped candy, chopped peanuts, and drizzled chocolate.
- Avoid natural peanut butter for this dessert. The natural oil will separate, and the pie can become oily.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften and the peanut butter to reach room temperature to achieve an ultra-smooth filling.
- It’s important to chill this pie for at least 2 hours. This allows the flavors to develop and for the pie to firm.
- Clean your sharp knife between cuts made across the pie. This will result in pretty slices, and you won’t get much pie filling building up on the knife.
- I’ve used a premade pie crust, but you could make it from scratch by combining 2 cups of crushed Oreo cookies (24 cookies) with 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Chocolate Graham crackers could also be used. Allow the pie crust to chill for 30 minutes in the fridge or 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Add a chocolate ganache as the first layer over the chocolate pie crust for extra decadence!
- Use another nut butter for this dessert if you like. Make sure it’s not a natural butter as the oil tends to separate.
- Top this chocolate peanut butter pie with other chocolate peanut butter candy, chopped peanuts, and chocolate drizzle.
This chocolate peanut butter pie can be stored for several days (whole or as leftover slices) in the fridge or for a month in the freezer.
Wrap the entire pie with plastic wrap to prevent other odors in the fridge from being absorbed by the pie or prevent freezer burn in the freezer. Single slices can be stored in an airtight container if too tricky to wrap.
Thaw frozen chocolate peanut butter pie in the fridge before serving.
📗 Related Recipes
- Sweet Potato Pie With Marshmallow Meringue - A comforting sweet potato pie topped with meringue for Thanksgiving dinner!
- Creamy Blueberry Bottom Pie - This stunning fruity and creamy pie is perfect for special occasions or a midweek treat. The combination of lemon and blueberry makes it great for summer!
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie - A comforting fall-inspired pie with a gingersnap cookie crust, creamy pumpkin filling, and topped with whipped cream.
🍽 Serve with
Enjoy a slice of this chocolate peanut butter pie with a hot cup of coffee, or pair it with vanilla ice cream or this Cappuccino Gelato.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Every year I offer to make my children their birthday dessert. This pie was our son Jason's choice. It's super easy to make and it's decadently rich and flavorful. This is just what you want in a summer dessert pie.
If you're a beginner baker, have no fear this cream pie will make everyone think you're a Master Chef. That little bit of crushed Reese's cups on top gives a fun vibe to the peanut butter pie. Serve this delicious no-bake pie with pride!
And if you love the marriage of chocolate and peanut butter, try our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. They're ideal for picnics, cookouts, and lunchboxes.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an indulgent no-bake dessert made with a chocolate cookie crust, creamy and sweet peanut butter filling, and topped with chopped Reese’s cups, mini chocolate chips, and melted peanut butter drizzle! It’s enough to get anyone’s mouth water!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 premade chocolate oreo pie crust**see notes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 8 oz whipped topping Cool Whip
- 4 Reese's Cups crushed up
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter melted for drizzling
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioners’ sugar. Whip until smooth.
- Fold in 8oz Cool Whip whipped topping and combine well. (this is one container of Cool Whip)
- Pour into the pie shell to fill.
- Top with Reese's Cups, mini chocolate chips, and drizzle with melted peanut butter
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Chill this pie for at least 2 hours to give the flavors time to develop and firm.
- Once your pie is chilled and you are ready to cut, use a large, sharp knife and make cuts across the pie.
- You may want to clean your knife in-between cuts for the prettiest slices.
This pie can be made several days in advance and served when desired.