Easy Baked Spaghetti Pie Casserole is a delicious and flavorful comfort food recipe that your entire family is going to love. If you are a fan of cheesy ground beef recipes with Italian seasoning, then you'll want to make this tasty pasta dish for your next family dinner.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- It's a family-friendly recipe loaded with layers of pasta, spaghetti sauce, veggies, and beef.
- A layer of melted cheese tops the spaghetti pie making it extra cheesy and delicious.
- It's an easy recipe to make and prepare ahead of time, making it the perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal.
This recipe is kid-friendly and perfect for picky eaters.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this spaghetti pie recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are in the recipe card below.
- Spaghetti noodles-- vermicelli or angel hair pasta cooked -- forms the crust
- Butter -- flavor
- Parmesan Cheese -- flavors the spaghetti
- Large Eggs -- binder to help hold pasta together
- Ground Beef -- the basis of the sauce
- Yellow Onion -- seasons the sauce
- Green Bell Pepper -- seasons
- Tomato Sauce -- makes the pasta sauce
- Tomato Paste -- makes the sauce
- Dried Oregano -- herb that season
- Black Pepper -- enhances the flavor
- Garlic Salt -- adds depth and seasons
- Cream-style Cottage Cheese or use ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese -- the stretchy cheese adds flavor and protein
- Pepperoni Slices -- seasons and adds fat and protein
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Bake the pasta shell at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Top the baked spaghetti crust with cottage cheese
- Add the layer of beef and tomato sauce on top of the cottage cheese then bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Finish the top layer with mozzarella cheese and sliced pepperoni.
- Bake spaghetti pie at 350 degrees for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Slice into wedges, serve and enjoy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant i the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Skillet or large saucepan
- Deep Pie Dish
- Sharp Knife
- Non-skid cutting board
- Aluminum foil
- Spatula -- heat resistant -- Silicone is good.
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Frequently asked questions about this easy Spaghetti Pie recipe.
Yes, you can freeze spaghetti pie. Make sure it is fully cooled before freezing. Place the casserole in a freezer-safe container or bag.
Yes, spaghetti pie can be made ahead of time. Assemble the pie and bake when you are ready to serve.
Spaghetti pie is a layered baked al dente pasta dish that your whole family is going to enjoy.
You can serve spaghetti pie with green salad, garlic bread, or any of your favorite sides for a delicious and nutritious meal.
- This spaghetti pie recipe is a great way to breathe some new life into leftover pasta. If you have any leftover spaghetti or vermicelli, give this recipe a try.
- If you don't have a deep pie dish on hand, you can use an 8x8 casserole dish instead.
- Be sure to spray your pie dish well with cooking spray, especially the bottom of the pan so that your pasta shell doesn't stick.
- Ground turkey or Italian sausage is an easy swap for the ground beef in this spaghetti pie casserole recipe.
- If you are not a fan of cottage cheese, ricotta cheese is an excellent substitute to use instead.
- If you love your Italian recipes to be extra cheesy feel free to add mozzarella cheese to your cottage cheese layer.
Store your casserole in the fridge for up to three days. As always it's important to keep your leftovers tightly covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
📗 Related Recipes
And if you like easy casseroles that require just a few ingredients, then this Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni Bake will thrill you.
🍽 Serve with
I like to serve my spaghetti pie with a green salad, garlic bread, or even fresh-baked soft breadsticks. Roasted or steamed vegetables are a great side dish also.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
"Is Spaghetti Pie Italian?" is one of the most common questions I get asked by my friends. And, that answer to that question is yes, it is Italian. In Italy, it is called Spaghetti Al Forno. No matter what you call this easy dish, it is still beefy, cheesy, and oh so delicious.
If you're crazy about easy Italian, you've got to try our No Boil Lasagna Rolls.
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Care
Calling all spaghetti lovers! This easy baked spaghetti pie casserole is for you. It's a fun and unique way to enjoy your favorite pasta dish. Plus, it's perfect for feeding a crowd. So gather your friends and family around the table and dig in!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Baked Spaghetti Pie Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces Angel hair pasta or vermicelli
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Eggs large
- 16 ounces Ground beef *** lean
- 1 Medium yellow onion chopped
- ¼ cup Green bell pepper chopped
- 8 ounce Tomato sauce
- 6 ounce Tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 cup Cream-style cottage cheese ***
- 1-¼ cups Mozzarella cheese (3 ounces) shredded (divided)
- 8-12 Pepperoni slices
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti thoroughly.
- Combine the cooked angel hair pasta or vermicelli , butter, and parmesan cheese, and stir in eggs.
- Spoon the spaghetti mixture into a greased or cooking sprayed 10-inch deep pie dish. Use a spoon to shape the pasta into a pie shell.
- Bake at 350℉ for 9 minutes or until set.
- Cook the beef, onion, and bell pepper in a large saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat until meat is browned. Stir until it crumbles.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, black pepper, and garlic salt. Cover and coo, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Spread Cottage cheese over bottom of pasta shell. Top with the hearty meat sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake at 350℉ for 15 minutes. ** see notes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; top with pepperoni. Sprinkle remaining cheese over pepperoni. Bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Makes 6 large servings or 8 smaller ones.
- You may substitute any other ground meat that you like. If it is a fatty meat, be sure to drain the fat from it.
- Ricotta is a good substitute for the cream-style cottage cheese.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet to easily move the spaghetti pie in and out of the oven.