Jalapeno Jiffy Cornbread Muffins are tasty savory muffins that offer a healthy snack, lunchbox filler, or addition to the breakfast table.
We made this cornbread muffin recipe with Jiffy corn muffin mix, which offers a slight sweetness, sour cream, milk, diced jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. They’re moist, wholesome, and flavorful!
❤️ Why I love this recipe
- These Jalapeno Jiffy Cornbread Muffins are quick and easy to make, ready in 35 minutes.
- Cornbread muffins are typically a healthier option over other baked goods - perfect as snacks or lunchbox fillers.
- These cornbread muffins are easily adaptable. Try some of my suggested variations listed below.
Wholesome and delicious, these Jalapeno Jiffy Cornbread Muffins are ideal for breakfast, brunch, or a healthy snack!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this Jiffy corn bread muffins recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are in the recipe card below.
- Jiffy corn muffin mix
- sour cream
- whole milk
- cheddar cheese -- sharp or milk
- vegetable oil
- canned diced jalapenos
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vegetable oil, followed by sour cream and milk. Mix well.
- Add the shredded cheese and diced jalapenos to the bowl.
- Combine the ingredients well.
- Scoop even amounts of muffin batter into each prepared muffin cup and top with a few diced jalapenos and a small amount of shredded cheese.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool before serving.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
These are questions frequently asked about making the Cheesy Jiffy muffins.
Cornbread is a quick bread that’s typically cooked in a skillet and is made with cornmeal and sometimes with the addition of sugar. Corn muffins are made with cornmeal and usually a generous amount of sugar, baked in muffin pans, and they take on a cake-like texture.
Moisture in the muffin batter will prevent the muffins from falling apart. I’ve added vegetable oil, milk, and sour cream to these cornbread muffins to keep them moist and intact.
Corn muffins typically contain healthier ingredients and reduced sugar, making them the preferred option over other baked goods.
Commercial mixes used to make cornbread often contain refined flour and, therefore, more carbs than fiber. Eat everything in moderation.
- Silicon pans aren’t the easiest to carry when filled with muffin batter, so I placed them on a rimmed baking tray for more stability when transporting them to and from the oven.
- Use a cookie scoop to pour equal amounts of muffin batter into each cup.
- If you aren’t sure whether the muffins have baked sufficiently, insert a toothpick or a cake tester into the center of the muffin, which should come out clean.
- I allow the muffins to cool while still in the muffin pans and then remove them to allow them to cool completely on a wire rack. This helps prevent them from crumbling.
- If you don’t have silicone pans, spray metal muffin cups lightly with a non-stick cooking spray. The muffins will easily pop out of the pan.
- If you don't like spicy, omit the jalapenos.
- Use mini muffin pans to make mini jalapeno Jiffy cornbread muffins but then reduce the baking time so that the muffins don’t over bake and dry out.
- I’ve used the Jiffy cornbread mix brand, but you could use a different cornbread mix too. Always check for added ingredients that the brand of mix used calls for and adjust this recipe as required.
Store these jalapeno Jiffy cornbread muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheat leftover cornbread muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds from chilled or 60-90 seconds from frozen. Otherwise, reheat in the oven for 10 minutes at 350F.
📗 Related Recipes
Nothing quite beats freshly baked muffins that are also healthy and wholesome, such as:
- Egg Muffin Cups - The perfect addition to the breakfast table with three easy combinations of egg muffin fillings!
- Nutritious Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins - Loaded with fiber, warm spice, and sweet apple chunks.
- Morning Glory Muffins - This moist Morning Glory breakfast muffins recipe packs all kinds of healthy ingredients for you to benefit from -carrots, apples, pineapple, raisins, coconut, and walnuts!
🍽 Serve with
Serve these jalapeno Jiffy cornbread muffins with plain butter and freshly shredded cheese. They also make a great addition to a breakfast spread or serve them on the side with chili and soup.
Next time you want to make a quick bread that's a bit special, try our Cheddar Bacon Bread With Chives recipe. It's the perfect addition to any meal.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Making my own muffins gives me full control over the ingredients used. These Jalapeno Jiffy Cornbread muffins are delicious savory muffins that can easily add bulk to a breakfast or brunch spread, enjoyed as healthy snacks, or added to a lunchbox or picnic basket.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
Thanks to the Jiffy cornbread packaging mix, cornbread muffins have never been easier to make. These savory muffins are wholesome and delicious and include diced jalapenos and freshly shredded cheddar cheese for even more flavor and texture! Always moist never dry!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Cheesy Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- muffin pans tins or silicone pan
- 2-8.5 oz. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix 2 -8.5 oz. boxes
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese — mild or sharp
- ¼ cup diced canned jalapeños + some for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees and vegetable spray 12 large muffin cups (we used 2- 6 muffin silicone pans placed on a rimmed baking tray for easy transport to and from oven).
- Add the two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a large bowl.
- Next, add the eggs and vegetable oil to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream ad milk and mix well.
- Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and diced jalapeños to the bowl and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop evenly fill each prepared muffin cup. Place the muffin form on a baking tray so you can easily place and remove the muffins from the oven.
- Top with a few diced jalapeños on each muffin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool, remove them from the muffin pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack.