A delicious vinaigrette is all that’s needed to turn a simple salad, taco, or Mexican-inspired buddha bowl into a truly mouthwatering meal! This Copycat Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Honey Vinaigrette tastes just like the Chipotle restaurant salad dressing recipe which you can whip up to enjoy in a matter of minutes!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This copycat Chipotle vinaigrette is so easy to make, that you can literally throw it together in a matter of minutes!
- It’s a great way to add a tasty kick of heat to any salad along with the much-loved flavors of a taco salad dressing.
- Use this honey Chipotle dressing in salads, tacos, or drizzle over grilled meat or roasted vegetables!
Making your own copycat Chipotle honey vinaigrette is inexpensive, easy, and packs all those famous southwest flavors that you crave!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this Chipotle Salad Dressing recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, and blend for 10-20 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend for about 20 seconds. Blend for 10-20 seconds.
- Place the vinaigrette in an airtight container or jar.
- Drizzle the amount of Chipotle vinaigrette you desire with a spoon over your salad.
- Add your homemade vinaigrette to a side salad of choice, or allow your guests to add themselves.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this Copycat Chipotle Mexican Grill Vinaigrette recipe successfully.
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette recipe.
Chipotle's vinaigrette uses a combination of red wine vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, spices, and oil (typically Rice Bran oil but I’ve used olive oil).
Yes! This Southwest Chipotle dressing recipe is made with wholesome ingredients. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and void of any processed sugars or other artificial additives typically found in commercial store-bought vinaigrettes.
This Chipotle Southwest sauce calls for honey as the sweetener which then doesn’t make it keto-friendly as is. That said, you can easily modify this recipe to make it keto-friendly by using the low-calorie agave sweetener.
Each serving of this vinaigrette contains 7 grams of total carbs and 6 grams of net carbs (total carbs minus fiber). Since this recipe makes 10 servings, the entire creamy Chipotle dressing contains 70 total carbs and 60 net carbs.
- Mason jars are great storage jar options for this homemade Chipotle ranch dressing with airtight sealable lids. You can use a spoon to scoop out the vinaigrette otherwise a squeeze bottle may be an even more convenient storage option!
- My favorite salad to pair with this homemade Chipotle salad dressing includes crispy leafy lettuce, corn, peppers, black beans, tomatoes, peppers, and avocado. Give it a try or add your own personal twist.
- For best flavor, make this vinaigrette a day or so ahead of time to allow all of the flavors to infuse and intensify.
- Serve this vinaigrette over leafy salads, Mexican buddha bowls, pasta, over roasted veggies, or drizzled over grilled meat or taco filling.
- I’ve used olive oil in this homemade Chipotle vinaigrette but you can use another neutral-flavored oil instead.
- To make this recipe vegan, omit the honey and use a plant-based sweetener, a liquid sweetener, or even regular sugar but then you will need to use about 4 tablespoons instead of 3 tablespoons of honey.
- This Chipotle salad dressing can be made low-carb and keto-friendly by using a low-calorie sweetener such as agave sweetener.
- The Chipotle dressing uses a lot more salt than what my recipe calls for. In fact, I reduced the salt to only 1 teaspoon but you could even omit it completely if you’d prefer a sodium-free version.
- For an extra smooth vinaigrette, blend the ingredients for a little longer than what the recipe instructs.
- Use this recipe as a vinaigrette, salad dressing, or even as a marinade!
Store this copycat Chipotle vinaigrette in an airtight container, sealable glass jar, or even a squeeze bottle for ease of pouring.
Stored in the refrigerator, this homemade vinaigrette will last for up to 4 days.
📗 Related Recipes
Homemade vinaigrettes are loaded with fresh flavors and wholesome ingredients which is why I love them so much - Try out this Basil Vinaigrette Salad Dressing.
If you’d like to make your own chipotles in adobo sauce then be sure to check out my Homemade Chipotles In Adobo Sauce Recipe!
🍽 Serve with
Use this copycat Chipotle Mexican Grill’s Honey Vinaigrette to throw a taco salad together easily with leftover meat and fresh veggies for a filling and delicious lunch or dinner. Of course, you can also drizzle this vinaigrette over tacos and other Tex-Mex dishes. Instead of our Italian Salad dressing on our Summer Italian Salad, pour Chipotle Honey dressing over it.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Making my own salad dressings, marinades, and vinaigrettes has always been rewarding. Homemade vinaigrette like this copycat Chipotle vinaigrette is loaded with wholesome and fresh ingredients that I have full control over, giving me peace of mind that my family is getting the best while also loved by everyone I serve it to!
Add your own homemade Chipotle vinaigrette to your next Tex-Mex family meal!
We love our Mexican flavored dishes and when we eat at our favorite restaurants, we try to duplicate the recipes. This Chili's copycat Southwest Chicken Soup recipe is amazing. You have to try it with your Mexican toppings. It's so good!
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
Tutti a tavola, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
This copycat Chipotle honey vinaigrette is sweet and spicy, made with olive oil, red vinegar, honey, lime, garlic, and spices. It’s simple yet incredibly delicious and can be enjoyed as a sauce, dressing, vinaigrette, or even a marinade!
If you're in the mood for a zesty peppery white sauce, then you have to try our Alabama White Sauce. It's a delicious alternative to the typical tomato based BBQ sauce plus it makes a fantastic dipping sauce and marinade.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Chipotle Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Olive oil
- ½ cup Red Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Lime juiced
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Blend for 10-20 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend for 20 more seconds.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.