Our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing was born because we were so tired of store bought salad dressing . . . .
. . . .you know the kind . . . . it’s got a slimy texture . . . .
. . . .it’s got phony ingredients as long as your arm . . . .and it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth.
We eat salad . . . .
. . . .every night!
You’d think we’d get tired of salad . . . .but we don’t.
We just couldn’t abide eating a salad and dribbling on a dressing that we just didn’t like.
So we took ingredients that we do like . . . .
. . . .such as good extra-virgin olive oil . . . .white balsamic vinegar. . . .
. . . . and our favorite Mediterranean style herbs. . . .
. . . .such as oregano, basil and thyme . . . .
. . . .plus a tweak here and there of flavors we liked such as garlic and onion. . . .
. . . . and. . . . Ecco! . . . .
. . . . our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing – All Our Way was created.
Not difficult, right? I hope you’ll agree because we think it’s pretty special and versatile. 🙂
Start adding our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing to your salads. . . . you’ll be as nuts about salads as we are.
And if you’re feeling especially inspired, use the Homemade Italian Salad Dressing as a seasoning sauce . . . .
. . . .like in pasta salad . . . .
. . . .or for a marinade such as in the Chicken Piccata recipe. . . . if you don’t have the plain yogurt.
Another plus with our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing is that it doesn’t have to be refrigerated. This would make a perfect addition to take on a picnic . . . .one less thing to keep in a cooler.
For a change, you may also like our Basil Salad Dressing using up all of that extra basil you have on hand.
Homemade Italian Salad Dressing - All Our Way
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper q.b. to your taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt q.b. to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a blender mix together the white balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Dijon-style mustard.
- With the blender on, slowly pour in the extra-virgin olive oil and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Add the oregano, basil and thyme pulse once or twice -- just enough to blend.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk or shake immediately before serving.
- Does not need to be refrigerated.
- This would be a great addition to a pasta salad or used as marinade.
- Trader Joe's has a good white balsamic vinegar that is reasonably priced -- I don't get compensated for saying that 🙂
- We have used red wine vinegar in this recipe but we found it too acidic for our taste but you may like it that way.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Promise
Note: We welcome and encourage sharing links to All Our Way ©2014, but please do not copy or paste recipes or content to any media or websites without express written consent. Unauthorized use of content and photos is a violation of the copyright law.