Homemade Italian Salad Dressing from scratch is so much tastier than store bought. By using the best ingredients and no preservatives you have a fresh and bright flavored addition to your salad.
❤️Why you'll love this recipe
We were so tired of store bought salad dressing that had a slimy texture and phony ingredients that were as long as your arm. The dressing left a nasty taste in our mouths.
We eat salad every night!
You'd think we'd get tired of salad but we don't.
We just couldn't abide eating a salad and dribbling on a dressing that we just didn't like. That's why we know you'll love this delicious addition to your salads.
That's when we decided to come up with our own recipe.
So we took ingredients that we do like :
-extra-virgin olive oil
-white balsamic vinegar
-Mediterranean style herbs such as oregano, basil and thyme
Ecco! Our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing - All Our Way was created.
Not difficult, right? I hope you'll agree because we think it's pretty special and versatile. 🙂
Start adding our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing to your salads. You'll be as nuts about salads as we are.
And if you're feeling especially inspired, use the Homemade Italian Salad Dressing as a seasoning sauce like in pasta salad.
Or for a marinade such as in the Chicken Piccata recipe, if you don't have the plain yogurt.
Another plus with our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing is that it doesn't have to be refrigerated. This would make a perfect addition to take on a picnic . . . .one less thing to keep in a cooler.
For a change, you may also like our Basil Salad Dressing using up all of that extra basil you have on hand.
Another Mediterranean inspired vinaigrette is our Homemade Greek Salad Dressing. It's simple, tasty, and has only natural ingredients. It tastes fabulous over our favorite Greek Orzo Pasta Salad recipe.
Homemade Italian Salad Dressing - All Our Way
- 1 ½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper q.b. to your taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt q.b. to your taste
- ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a blender mix together the white balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Dijon-style mustard.
- With the blender on, slowly pour in the extra-virgin olive oil and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Add the oregano, basil and thyme pulse once or twice -- just enough to blend.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk or shake immediately before serving.
- Does not need to be refrigerated.
- This would be a great addition to a pasta salad or used as marinade.
- Trader Joe's has a good white balsamic vinegar that is reasonably priced -- I don't get compensated for saying that 🙂
- We have used red wine vinegar in this recipe but we found it too acidic for our taste but you may like it that way.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Promise
Note: We welcome and encourage sharing links to All Our Way ©2014, but please do not copy or paste recipes or content to any media or websites without express written consent. Unauthorized use of content and photos is a violation of the copyright law.