Our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing was born because we were so tired of store bought salad dressing . . . .
. . . .you know the kind . . . . it’s got a slimy texture . . . .
. . . .it’s got phony ingredients as long as your arm . . . .and it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth.
We eat salad . . . .
. . . .every night!
You’d think we’d get tired of salad . . . .but we don’t.
We just couldn’t abide eating a salad and dribbling on a dressing that we just didn’t like.
So we took ingredients that we do like . . . .
. . . .such as good extra-virgin olive oil . . . .white balsamic vinegar. . . .
. . . . and our favorite Mediterranean style herbs. . . .
. . . .such as oregano, basil and thyme . . . .
. . . .plus a tweak here and there of flavors we liked such as garlic and onion. . . .
. . . . and. . . . Ecco! . . . .
. . . . our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing – All Our Way was created.
Not difficult, right? I hope you’ll agree because we think it’s pretty special and versatile. 🙂
Start adding our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing to your salads. . . . you’ll be as nuts about salads as we are.
And if you’re feeling especially inspired, use the Homemade Italian Salad Dressing as a seasoning sauce . . . .
. . . .like in pasta salad . . . .
. . . .or for a marinade such as in the Chicken Piccata recipe. . . . if you don’t have the plain yogurt.
Another plus with our Homemade Italian Salad Dressing is that it doesn’t have to be refrigerated. This would make a perfect addition to take on a picnic . . . .one less thing to keep in a cooler.
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper (q.b.) to your taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (q.b.) to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a blender mix together the white balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Dijon-style mustard.
- With the blender on, slowly pour in the extra-virgin olive oil and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Add the oregano, basil and thyme pulse once or twice -- just enough to blend.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk or shake immediately before serving.
- Does not need to be refrigerated.
- This would be a great addition to a pasta salad or used as marinade.
- Trader Joe's has a good white balsamic vinegar that is reasonably priced -- I don't get compensated for saying that 🙂
- We have used red wine vinegar in this recipe but we found it too acidic for our taste but you may like it that way.
Note: We welcome and encourage sharing links to All Our Way ©2014, but please do not copy or paste recipes or content to any media or websites without express written consent. Unauthorized use of content and photos is a violation of the copyright law.