Tortilla Pinwheel Recipes are lip-smacking good and very easy to make. Pick your favorite cream cheese flavor, a meat preference, and tasty extras. You just roll the delicious filling in the flour tortilla along with cream cheese. Then tightly wrap the log in plastic wrap, refrigerate to set it. Before the party gets into full swing, slice and serve into bite-size spirals. The minute you set them out you’ll have your guests running to the snack table to grab the appetizer roll-ups. This recipe is updated from the original December 2017 version. Last updated November 2018.
Ingredients you need for Tortilla Pinwheel Recipes: tortilla wraps — as many as you want, thin- sliced meat — whatever kind you like, cream cheese in any flavor that compliments the meat, baby spinach, arugula, or any veggie you prefer.
Appetizer Roll-Ups – A variety to please all tastes
I think everyone loves appetizers! Little bites you can pop in your mouth and enjoy. That’s the beauty of pinwheels. They’re small but they pack a mighty flavored punch.
Recipes for tortilla pinwheel are endless. Not only can you buy flavored tortillas but also flavored cream cheese and any meat you like. There are countless deli meats. We even used a spicy venison jalapeño pepper summer sausage variation. That was compliments of our son, Jason.
Can I eat cream cheese pinwheels if I’m watching my weight?
- You want it low-calorie? Easy! Use Neufchâtel in place of cream cheese, it’s lower in fat, and you can use low-calorie meats.
- You say you don’t want meat? Feel free to use your favorite veggies with something creamy and tasty inside.
Tortilla wraps discovery — it was love at first bite
I remember the first time I saw the recipe for a pinwheel appetizer. It was in one of those little Pillsbury cookbooks that came out every month. I thought anything that easy can’t be that good!
Was I wrong!!
We had a Christmas family gathering coming up and I thought, hmmmmm, a perfect time to try the wrap recipe. I mean, after all, if you can’t experiment with your own family then who can you try it on?
The first time around we used plain flour tortillas for the appetizer roll-ups. I don’t think they even had flavored tortillas that many years ago. Our experience with flour tortillas was to make luncheon wraps.
I decided to be daring. One of the tortilla pinwheel recipes I decided to make was smoked salmon wraps with smoked salmon cream cheese and arugula. That idea wasn’t in the little cook booklet and seafood wasn’t popular in the family.
But it was a HUGE success. Even the non-fish lovers gobbled down the miniature sandwiches.
What you need for delicious pinwheel wraps
- Fresh flour tortilla wraps plain or flavored. Important that they are fresh because they are more pliable.
- Thinly sliced meat – we used a variety of delicatessen meat, except for the venison summer sausage that we cut ourselves. Finely cut meat will roll up easier.
- Flavored cream cheese – you find this in the dairy section of a grocery store. You can flavor it yourself but this made it easier for us.
- Lettuce greens to compliment the meat and cheese – this adds flavor and moisture to the appetizers. Don’t go too heavy– they won’t roll tight.
Tortilla pinwheel variation ideas
- Taco – taco meat, salsa, cheddar cheese, onion, cream cheese.
- Turkey – diced turkey, dill pickles, olives, cream cheese.
- Veggie Bacon Ranch – ranch dressing, green chiles, bacon, cream cheese.
- Smoked Salmon – smoked salmon, arugula, smoked salmon cream cheese.
- Reuben – corned beef, chopped sauerkraut, onion, Thousand Island dressing, cream cheese.
- Southwest chicken – chicken, Ro-Tel tomatoes, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, olives.
- Italian Pizza – salami, pepperoni, hot peppers, parmesan, cream cheese.
Can you believe all the amazing variations? 🤩 I would want to try each one of them.
I am a Reuben sandwich fan and I don’t usually order it at a restaurant — it’s pretty high in calories. But the pinwheel appetizer sounds like just the thing.
The Italian pizza pinwheel 🍕 sounds very tasty too. Which one would you pick??
Tutti a tavola è pronto!
Un caro saluta e alla prossima.
FOR THE RECIPE YOU MAY NEED . . .
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amzon.com and affiliate sites.
Grazie for being a part of All Our Way!
Tortilla Pinwheel Recipes
The combinations of these delicious cream cheese roll ups are endless. Just picture the deli section of your grocery store and the meat selection behind the glass. You can just go wild with your picks. And cream cheese is like a blank canvas. Get creative with your tortilla wrap combinations. You can’t go wrong. These mini-sandwiches are easy to make and popular with everyone.
Love this recipe? Please put in a 5 star rating.
Tortilla Pinwheel Recipes
- 6 pkg spinach tortilla wrap
- 6 pkg tomato tortilla wrap
- 1/2 pound jalapeno turkey thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound roast beef thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound venison summer sausage thinly sliced
- 7 1/2 oz. chive onion cream cheese
- 7 1/2 oz jalapeño cream cheese
- 6 oz baby spinach
- Let the flavored cream cheese come to room temperature.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over one tortilla wrap.
- Place slices of one of the meats over the cream cheese. Leave some room at the end so that you can roll up the meat and have it stick.
- Sprinkle the greens over the meat.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the meat to form a log. Put the log on a piece of plastic wrap and roll it up. Put it in the fridge to set.
- Do the same with each tortilla wrap and select the flavored cheese to match your meat.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the roll and slice in the thickness you prefer.
More Pinwheel recipes:
Appetizer and Pinwheel Recipes by CooksRecipes.com
Note: Recipes and content from © 2014 – 2017 All Our Way are copyright protected. Please do not use content or recipe without prior written permission. If you want to share the information please link to this post. Grazie!