I know what you’re thinking — not another tuna salad recipe!! Well, this is no ordinary tuna wrap recipe – it is one with a kick. Just like my Honey likes it. It will tingle your tongue but it is oh so very good. Now the ingredients I am showing are for the regular tuna salad wrap but I will give the instructions for the spicy one. We were going to share our meal with someone who doesn’t care for spicy foods so we made it with the pickle relish. Normally we would add diced jalapeno slices instead of the relish.
Also we purchase jalapeno mustard and hot sauce by the gallon. When we restock I will post a picture of the hot sauce and mustard and where you can purchase. It is fantastic!! We use medium (8 inch) soft flour tortillas for the wrap. First you lay out your flour tortilla and you put about two heaping tablespoons of filling down the center:
Next step is to bring the bottom portion half way :
Bring both left and right ends in together and hold:
Start rolling from the bottom up until it is in a bundle. You have just made the perfect wrap. If you are going to pack it as a lunch to brown bag it, you would follow the same procedure with your plastic wrap.
If you are planning on eating it right away, I would slice it on the diagonal and serve with your favorite crudités. This is certainly a healthy alternative to eating lots of cheese (which I love) and heavily processed meats.
- 3 (7oz) cans White Albacore Tuna in water - or your canned tuna of choice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large celery ribs diced
- 3 heaping tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 3 heaping tablespoons diced pickled jalapenos or more - dill pickles or dill pickle relish for the faint of heart.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 inch soft flour tortillas
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and be sure to taste, you can always add more of what you like.
- Make up the wraps following the directions in the tutorial or you can put the filling on any bread that you like.