This quick and easy shrimp salad recipe is one you'll want to eat all summer long. The salad-size shrimp is already cooked and deveined so all it takes is a few minutes to assemble the rest of the ingredients and mix them together. Serve this fresh seafood salad as a filling in a croissant or on a bed of crunchy buttery lettuce.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick and easy to make it's the ideal summer fare.
- It's versatile. You may eat as a sandwich filling or stuffed in a tomato or lettuce cup.
- Low in calories if you go light on the creamy dressing.
- You can make it several hours ahead of time without compromising taste or texture.
This easy seafood salad recipe tastes so fresh and since we go easy on the dressing, it's healthy.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- cooked shrimp -- salad size NOT popcorn.
- green onions
- wholegrain mustard
- fresh lemon juice
- Old Bay Seasoning
- black pepper
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Add the thawed shrimp, cooked and chopped bacon, chopped celery, and chopped green onions to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- In another bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, Kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Add to the shrimp mixture and toss to cover. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Mixing bowls
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Dry measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making an easy shrimp salad.
Our recipe is a combination of cooked shrimp, chopped celery, green onion, wholegrain mustard, good quality mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, Old Bay Seasoning, Kosher salt and Black pepper. All the ingredients are tossed together, then you're ready to eat! You can serve your shrimp salad immediately, or cover it and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Seafood salads are healthier choices than meals based around meats like beef or chicken because of their lower saturated fat content and positive effect on your cholesterol levels. But you must watch the dressing so that it's not overloaded in fats.
Some ideas are, brown rice, cucumber salad, baked potatoes, macaroni and cheese, couscous, fruit salad, simple tossed salads. Really, just about anything will taste great. It's best to keep it on a light note.
This salad will last up to 3 days in the fridge when stored properly in an airtight container.
It's not a good idea to freeze salads that contain mayonnaise. The ingredients in the mayonnaise do not fare well as a bonding agent during freezing. This goes for salads that contain chicken, fish, pasta, or meat based.
To save time we like to use the shrimp that's wild caught and already cooked and deveined. Then it's just a matter of thawing the shrimp and cutting and mixing in the rest of the ingredients. This is a very simple seafood salad recipe.
This recipe can easily be made into a shrimp pasta salad by adding your favorite pasta to the mixture and a bit more dressing. Add fresh dill to the salad for an additional herbal boost.
You may also add some chopped avocados to the shrimp salad and/or hard-cooked eggs. The varieties are endless. But this shrimp salad recipe is excellent as is.
You may also switch the seasonings from Old Bay to Taco to give the shrimp salad more of Tex-Mex vibe.
Store the shrimp salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will last up to 3 days.
📗 Related Recipes
If you're as fond of salads as we are you'll have to try out Dill Pickle Pasta Salad. And if your family enjoys Italian antipasto appetizers, then our Italian Pasta Salad is what your family will go nuts over.
If you want to continue with a healthy seafood salad, our Tuna Pasta Salad is one of the best you'll ever taste. The family will really gobble down this cold plate lunch or dinner.
🍽 Serve with
There is nothing like warm homemade bread to go along with a summer salad. One of our favorites breads is our Ciabatta bread. Now, if you want something you can make in less time, then our Focaccia Pugliese is the one you want to make or the Focaccia Italiana. They are all delicious.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Summer time for our family meant lots of cold plates for lunch and dinners. We'd make our recipes early in the day then if it wasn't a work day we'd go to the beach. After being out in the sun all day, those cold plates tasted heavenly. And usually our dessert consisted of either cold anguria (watermelon) or melone (cantelope).
Everything seems to taste so much better when it's already prepared, don't you think? I know you're going to love this salad.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
Shrimp Salad is an easy recipe that makes a great lunch or light dinner during the hot summer months. Serve on a bed of crisp lettuce, in a croissant, in a ripe tomato boat along side some chilled white wine for a gorgeous summer evening masterpiece.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
The Best Quick And Easy Shrimp Salad
- 2 pounds Shrimp - salad size cooked and deveined
- ½ cup Celery chopped
- ½ cup Bacon cooked and copped
- 2 Tablespoons Green onions chopped
- ½ cup Mayonnaise good quality
- 1 Tablespoon Wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Add shrimp, celery, and green onions to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay Seasoning, Kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Add to the shrimp mixture and toss to cover.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.