This Gooey S’mores Bake takes the traditional campfire s’more indoors! A crushed Graham cracker crust lines a baking dish, topped with oven-toasted mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crumbled cracker.
The combination of Graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows works in any shape or form and this S’mores Bake is certainly proof of that!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Gooey S’mores Bake is an easy way to make 15 mouth-watering s’mores in one go, using the oven!
- This S’mores Bake is always a crowd-pleaser. Perfect for parties, social gatherings, and potlucks.
- Not having to build a campfire to make s’mores means that you get to enjoy this favorite dessert all year!
These oven-baked s’mores are incredibly rich and gooey…everything you want in a classic s’more!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this Oven-baked S'mores recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- Graham crackers
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Mini marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Place the crackers in a zip-lock bag and crush them, removing about 2 tablespoons of larger pieces halfway through (these will be used later).
- Add the finer crushed crackers, salt, and sugar, to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mix one cup of melted butter into the cracker mixture.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking tray with parchment paper, coating it with butter, and then add in the buttery crushed cracker mixture.
- Press the cracker crust down using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup to create an even and smooth layer. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Once baked, add 4 cups of marshmallows to the baking dish.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow for 5 minutes of cooling time so that the marshmallows go down.
- Add chocolate chips evenly over the baked marshmallows first, followed by the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and the 2 tablespoons of crushed crackers that were set aside in step 1.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Place the S’mores Bake on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge for an additional 30 minutes.
- Slice the bake into 15 bars and enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Baking dish 9X13 inch
- Parchment paper
- Dry measuring cups
- Zip-lock bag
- Rolling pin
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making S'more bars recipe in the oven.
Yes! Marshmallows can be toasted in the oven by placing them on a baking sheet (or in this case, over the cracker crust in a baking dish) and setting the oven to broil until they are golden brown.
Yes, you can. Skewer the marshmallow and toast it over the open flame on the gas oven. Once golden and soft, assemble the s'more with a Graham cracker and piece of chocolate. It’s that easy!
S’mores can be roasted over an open campfire flame using a metal skewer or wooden skewer that’s first been soaked in water. You can also roast your s’mores in the oven, over a gas stovetop, or even use a blow torch!
Whenever I think of a s’more I think about an open campfire and that’s because they’re traditionally made over a campfire flame, roasting the fluffy marshmallow so that it’s golden brown and gooey. The marshmallow is then sandwiched between pieces of chocolate bar and two Graham crackers.
- I deliberately didn’t use milk chocolate chips in this S’mores Bake recipe since this dessert is already very sweet!
- Lining the baking dish with parchment paper reduces cleaning and will also help you lift the S’more bake out of the baking dish to slice.
- Stored frozen S’mores Bake can be thawed in the refrigerator and served chilled or reheated in the oven, covered with aluminum foil.
- I’ve used parchment paper to line the baking dish but you could use aluminum foil instead.
- You can easily halve this recipe and use an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- I’ve used a 9x13-inch baking dish for this dessert which creates a decent thickness to each s’more bar. You could use a larger dish but then you will end up with a slightly thinner slice and you may also need to adjust the cooking time.
- The chocolate chips can be replaced with chopped up Hershey’s chocolate bar.
- For an extra decadent s’mores bake, drizzle some melted chocolate over the baked and cooled S’mores bake just before refrigerating for 30 minutes.
- Add some cocoa powder to the buttery crushed cracker crust for a chocolatey S’mores Bake.
- Double the number of slices to 30 by simply slicing smaller bars - great if you are serving at a party as a sweet appetizer.
- If you don’t have mini marshmallows, cut regular marshmallows down to size.
Store the entire S’mores bake in the baking dish, covered with plastic wrap, or wrap individual s’more bars in plastic wrap to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
📗 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve with
Enjoy a slice of S’mores Bake with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Gooey s’mores are a summertime tradition in my family, I mean who doesn’t love the irresistible combination of roasted marshmallow, chocolate, and Graham crackers?!
There’s just one problem with a traditional s’more - it’s not always convenient or even possible to wait for campfire weather in order to enjoy this sweet treat. That’s where this Gooey S’mores Bake comes in.
Turning a traditional s’more into an oven-baked dessert instantly increases the number of s’mores that can be made in one go while also enabling you to make this dessert any time of the year!
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
Gooey S’mores Bake is a buttery crushed Graham cracker crust topped with oven-toasted mini marshmallows, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and larger pieces of crumbled cracker. It’s a fuss-less and irresistible dessert that you can make all year round!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Easy Gooey S'mores Bake
- 3 cups Graham crackers crushed
- 14 Tablespoons Unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ⅔ cup Granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 cups Mini marshmallows 16 ounces
- 12 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Prepare a 9X13 inch baking dish by lining the dish with parchment paper. Coat the parchment paper with the 1 teaspoon of butter and set the pan aside.
- Place the graham crackers in a zip-lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Halfway through crushing the crackers, remove 2 Tablespoons of the larger pieces and set them off to the side.
- In a large bowl melt 1 cup of butter in the microwave. Every microwave is different so watch that the butter doesn't pop in the oven. It's easier if you microwave in small time increments to see how it's doing.
- Add the crushed graham crackers, sugar, and salt to the bowl. Mix until fully combined and crumbly. Pour into the baking dish and press down with your fingers and the bottom o a measuring cup to create a smooth layer.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add 4 cups of the marshmallows.
- Bake for 10 minutes more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes to allow the marshmallows to go down.
- Add the chocolate chips evenly over the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the 2 cups of marshmallows and 2 Tablespoons of graham crackers on top of the chocolate chips.Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge for 30 more additional minutes.
- Slice into 15 bars.
- Can be stored in an air-tight container for 5-7 days.
- Can be frozen for up to 6 months.
- I didn't choose milk chocolate chips because this is a very sweet dessert.
- If you wish, you may cut the dessert into 30 bars.