Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake is an incredibly easy and tasty pasta bake recipe that’s perfect as a comforting midweek family dinner. It’s ultra-creamy, cheesy, and loaded with juicy rotisserie chicken!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- It’s a creamy pasta bake, bubbling with melted cheese, juicy and flavorful chicken, and tender pasta - perfect as a midweek family dinner.
- Using rotisserie chicken and not having to pre-cook the pasta makes this dish incredibly easy and convenient.
- All you need is about 15 minutes of preparation time. The rest of the time is hands-off refrigeration and baking.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake is also known as Million Dollar Chicken Pasta and for good reason - it tastes that good! Ideal as a comforting warm meal on those chilly days!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- sour cream
- cottage cheese
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- cream cheese
- chicken broth
- condensed cream of mushroom soup
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- elbow macaroni
- rotisserie chicken
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Place cottage cheese in a large bowl with the cream cheese and cream of chicken soup measured and ready to be incorporated.
- Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and cream of chicken soup.
- Add the chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup.
- Add milk, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Mix in the chicken.
- Add the elbow pasta.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Add the creamy chicken pasta bake ingredients to a 9x13 inch baking pan that’s been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the pasta bake.
- Refrigerate the assembled chicken pasta overnight (about 8 hours).
- Add the chilled creamy chicken pasta casserole to the oven and bake for 1 hour at 350F.
- Once baked, sprinkle some fresh Italian parsley on top and serve!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- liquid measuring cup
- dry measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- baking dish -9X13 inch
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making Million Dollar Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe.
No, you don’t need to cook the pasta before baking. The pasta sits in the creamy sauce in the baking pan overnight which softens it while the baking time brings the uncooked pasta to the perfect texture for this dish.
This recipe calls for a baking time of 1 hour. You will need to have cooked your chicken beforehand or use rotisserie chicken like I have for convenience.
Yes! That’s exactly what I’ve done in this Million Dollar Chicken Pasta. The refrigeration time prior to baking also helps to soften the pasta.
Chicken should be cooked in the oven between 350-400F. Since I’ve used rotisserie chicken, I didn’t have to worry about potentially uncooked chicken in this pasta bake. If you cook your own chicken for this pasta bake recipe, do so prior to adding it to the pasta bake ingredients otherwise it may not be cooked through entirely.
- It’s important to add cooked chicken to the casserole dish. If you just add raw chicken, it likely won’t cook through entirely.
- You can make this Million Dollar Chicken Pasta ahead of time to store in the freezer (baked or unbaked). Then either reheat in the oven or bake from frozen, adding about 10 minutes extra onto the cooking time so that the pasta bake is cooked through properly. You should also cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil if cooked from frozen, uncovering it for the last 10 minutes.
- Allow the cream cheese to sit at room temperature for a bit before adding to the other ingredients for easy incorporation.
- If your sauce is too thick for any reason, whisk in a little extra milk until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Always shred your cheese from a block as it melts much better than pre-shredded cheese and also tastes better!
- Add vegetables to this pasta bake such as mushrooms, chopped onions or broccoli.
- Use other meat for this recipe such as shredded turkey, pulled pork, ground beef, or even salmon and tuna!
- Add in some chopped bacon in addition to the cooked chicken - it’s a winning combination!
- I’ve used mozzarella and parmesan cheese but you can use cheddar cheese or any other cheese that you love the most.
- I’ve used elbow pasta for this creamy chicken pasta bake but you can use penne, ziti, or other types of pasta that will catch the creamy sauce well.
- Add a breadcrumb mixture to the top of the pasta bake instead of cheese or in addition to the cheese. It’ll provide a delicious crunchy top layer.
Store leftover creamy chicken pasta in the refrigerator for 4 days in an airtight container or in the casserole dish, covered tightly in plastic wrap.
This chicken pasta bake can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven, covered with aluminum foil so that the cheese doesn’t burn.
📗 Related Recipes
The combination of tender and juicy chicken and pasta in a creamy sauce is one of my favorite types of meals. If you love this too then be sure to check out Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Crockpot Angel Chicken, and Southwest Chicken Tortellini Soup!
🍽 Serve with
Serve this creamy chicken pasta bake with crusty bread, rolls, or biscuits and a simple tossed salad.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
If you’re looking for an ultra-creamy and hearty pasta bake that’s sure to cater to most then you can’t go wrong with this creamy chicken pasta bake. It’s one of the easiest dishes that can be assembled for chilling and baking in a matter of 15 minutes.
I’ve used this creamy chicken pasta bake over the years for potlucks, as easy family meals, or to make ahead and freeze for the busy holiday seasons!
Next time you're looking for a quick chicken with pasta dinner, try our easy cheesy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta dinner made in one pot. This is the type of dinner you can get to the table fast and with little effort.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
Tutti a tavola, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
Assemble this Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake recipe in a matter of 15 minutes with creamy sauce, loads of cheese, and juicy rotisserie chicken. No baking the pasta, it sits overnight in the fridge. Bake it the following day. It’s a comforting main meal for dinner or to take to your next potluck.
Next time you've got to try our no fuss White Lasagna Ravioli. This dish has all the flavors of a classic Alfredo Lasagna only it's quicker.
If you're wanting more simple recipes that uses macaroni pasta as the start, our classic midwest Johnny Marzetti Casserole is exactly what you want. This is a hearty crowd pleasing casserole that's pure comfort food.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 10.75 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 ounces Cream cheese room temperature
- 1¼ cups Chicken broth
- 10.75 can Condensed cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 8 ounces Elbow Macaroni uncooked
- 4 cups Cooked Rotisserie Chicken Chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Prepare a 9 X 13 Inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sour cream, cottage cheese, cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, milk, garlic powder, and onion powder together.
- Mix in the uncooked pasta and cooked chicken.
- Pour the entire bowl mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil or saran wrap and refrigerate overnight, about 8 hours.
- When ready to bake, take the dish out of the refrigerator and uncover it.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Top the pasta with the shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, uncovered.
- Sprinkle with Italian Parsley. Serve warm.