Italian cooking is very basic. Most of the time they don’t use a lot of ingredients but what they do use packs a lot of flavor. This no cook pizza sauce recipe is very easy and you can whip it up in no time. It uses very few ingredients most of which we normally have on hand. The fresh basil and garlic adds that extra punch so I wouldn’t skip them. This sauce, like most Italian sauces, tastes better if you let the flavors meld. . .
if you can wait . . .
the few hours before using. The no cook pizza recipe is also very good as a dipping sauce served with focaccia, calzones, pasta, or anything else you might come up with.
We noticed that the ordinary pizzas that the Italians serve in Italy are quite different than the elaborate ones they serve here in the States. If you plan on going there and asking for a loaded pizza . . .
In Naples there are two pizzas. . .
Pizza Marinara and Pizza Margherita.
Pizza Marinara combines tomatoes, oregano, olive oil and garlic . . . that’s it! No cheese!
Pizza Margherita uses tomatoes, olive oil, fresh mozzarella di bufala ( which is water buffalo milk mozzarella), and fresh basil leaves put on the pizza before baking so that the leaves darken slightly from the heat of the oven.
We had seafood pizza (clams, shrimp, mussels) in Venice and it had a very simple base of tomato and basil. It was delicious in its simplicity. All Our Way sauce duplicates this simple flavor.
The All Our Way Sauce recipe can be made in two versions and I’ve included the change. It is quite simple – instead of the regular tomatoes you use Ro-Tel. My Honey likes his flavors HOT!
All OUr Way Easy No Cook Pizza Sauce with Fresh Basil
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- 7 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) petite-cut tomatoes with juice or 1 1/2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes (10 ounce) cans with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk or for a thinner texture mix with a blender. It is best if you let the flavors meld before using although you can use it right away.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Although this is quick and easy it is an excellent sauce. Not only can you use it on your pizza it is also delicious as a dipping sauce for grissini ( bread sticks), calzones, or anything else you can think of. If you are fond of hot stuff – as is my hubby- you’ll especially like the Ro-Tel version.
Note: We welcome and encourage sharing links to All Our Way ©2014, but please do not copy or paste recipes or content to any media or websites without express written consent. Unauthorized use of content and photos is a violation of the copyright law.