Easy Creamy Three Cheese Tortellini One Pot Pasta Recipe is a creamy and colorful pasta dish with a parmesan-cream and tomato sauce and fresh ingredients - a perfect meatless dish that’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Fresh baby spinach, juicy tomatoes, shallots, and freshly chopped parsley add additional color to the pasta and tomato-cheese sauce. This one-pan dish is on the table in just 20 minutes and will surely become a new favorite for dinner tonight!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- The spinach and tomatoes add nutritional value to this tortellini pasta dish for a balanced and delicious meal.
- It’s incredibly easy to make in just 20 minutes!
- Easily customizable to suit your family’s taste preferences.
This one-pot creamy tortellini pasta dish is nutritious, delicious, and easy - a great midweek family meal!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this three cheese tortellini recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are in the recipe card below.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Remove the tortellini from the freezer and prepare the tomatoes, parsley, shallot, and parmesan cheese.
- Add butter, shallot, garlic, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to a large skillet.
- Combine the ingredients in the skillet with a spatula while cooking over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, and parsley.
- Stir to combine.
- Continue to stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes or until fully combined.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
- Boil the tortellini pasta for 2 minutes and drain. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and stir until fully coated.
- Add pasta water if necessary to thin out the sauce and serve!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items for this recipe:
These are the questions asked about making our easy one-pot creamy tortellini recipe.
Tortellini is best enjoyed with a delicious cream sauce to fully coat the pasta. It’s also easy to add simple vegetables for a hearty vegetarian meal.
Tortellini is made of folded pasta with stuffing. The stuffing can be meat, a combination of cheeses, or vegetables, such as mushrooms.
Tortellini pasta is great with a side dish of garlic bread, roasted vegetables, or salad.
Ricotta, Parmesan, and Romano cheese.
- If you want a thinner sauce, add some of the reserved pasta water just before serving . The pasta water will prevent the dilution of flavor.
- Don't overcook the tortellini pasta. Cook until it's molto al dente, it will continue to cook in the skillet.
- For this recipe, use a large pan or skillet. You need plenty of room to toss everything together. This ensures the vegetables and pasta are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Taste the tortellini pasta in tortellini cream sauce before serving and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Don't use iodized salt for salting the pasta water. The idodine in table salt gives the pasta a metallic taste. It's better to use sea salt or kosher salt.
- You may use a different pasta for this dish. Some good choices are penne, spaghetti, linguine, fusilli, farfalle, or ravioli.
- Add meat to your creamy pasta to make it more filling and satisfying. Grilled chicken, shrimp, or scallops are popular choices.
- Instead of spinach you may substitute kale or another leafy green. Peas, asparagus, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes are other great options.
- Add a kick of heat to this creamy tortellini dish by including cayenne pepper or red chili flakes in the tortellini cream sauce.
- Use cheddar cheese or Asiago cheese in this pasta dish.
- The cooking times in this recipe are for fresh cheese tortellini. If you're using frozen tortellini you may need to add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Store this creamy tortellini in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave or stovetop, adding ¼ cup of milk or cream to the pasta mixture to help loosen it.
This dish can be stored in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat as directed above.
📗 Related Recipes
- Tortellini Alla Panna - Stuffed tortellini tossed in an ultra-creamy and parmesan sauce with frozen peas, and sliced prosciutto.
- Spinach Tortellini In Light Homemade Alfredo Sauce - This colorful pasta dish includes fresh baby spinach ribbons and slivers of sun-dried tomatoes in a garlic-cheese sauce.
- Three Cheese Tortellini With Caramelized Onions - This vegetable-loaded pasta dish includes caramelized onions, mushrooms, and spinach in a creamy white sauce.
- Easy Cheesy Alfredo Baked Tortellini With Spinach Casserole - This recipe is a game-changer with its delicious creamy Alfredo sauce baked together with the savory sausage, cheesy tortellini, and nutritious spinach.
🍽 Serve with
Serve this creamy tortellini pasta dish with an extra topping of shaved Parmesan cheese and a side of grilled or roasted vegetables, garlic bread, or a light side salad.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
We always keep three cheese tortellini pasta on hand. It's been the star of many of our one pot pasta recipes and I never hear any complaints when I serve the delicious cheese-stuffed pasta. The first time I made this recipe I waited to hear some grumbles. You see, I had promised a special meal that night but I didn't have the time. So, I went to plan B. Grab my filled pasta, make a creamy sauce and see what happens. Instead of the complaints I heard quite a few yums, and ummms. I was sold. This 3 cheese stuffed pasta recipe was going on my menu rotation.
Another one-pot pasta dish you must try is our Chicken Spaghetti with Artichokes and Spinach. It's easy, cheesy, and a family favorite.
Tutti a tavolo, è pronto!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
This easy creamy tortellini one pot pasta recipe is comforting and flavorful, made with creamy cheese and tomato sauce, tender stuffed tortellini, fresh baby spinach, and tomatoes, and seasoned to perfection!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Easy Creamy Cheese Tortellini One Pot Pasta Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lb + 3 ounce tortellini
- ¾ cup tortellini water
- Remove the tortellini from the freezer.
- In a large skillet add the butter, shallot, garlic cloves, tomato paste, Italian seasoning salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- To the skillet add the parmesan cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, and parsley. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until fully combined.
- To the skillet add the spinach and tomatoes. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the tortellini to a pot of boiling water. Cook for only 2 minutes. Drain the tortellini. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Add the cooked tortellini to the skillet. Stir until the tortellini is fully coated for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the pasta water if you feel the sauce needs to be thinned out.
- Serve immediately.