Bubble Pizza Bread is so easy to make and includes a flavorful and easy pizza sauce making it the perfect weeknight dinner comfort food. If you are looking for a kid-friendly recipe that is cheesy and gooey, you'll want to give this recipe a try.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- An easy weeknight meal that your whole family will love!
- Easy to find ingredients to help you keep on a budget.
- Kids love this recipe, you can never go wrong with pizza.
Bubble Pizza Bread is gooey and cheesy which makes it amazing comfort food for any day of the week.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this Bubble Pizza Bread recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- tomato sauce
- tomato paste
- olive oil
- hot sauce
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- black pepper
- refrigerated biscuits
- mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices
- fresh basil
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Simmer tomato sauce, tomato paste, olive oil, sugar, hot sauce, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until it thickens slightly.
- Cut biscuits into fourths and then place them on the bottom of a greased baking pan.
- Pour pizza sauce over biscuits and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with pepperoni or desired pizza toppings.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow the bubble-up pizza to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Plate the serve with chopped fresh basil.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant i the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Medium skillet
- Baking Dish
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making Bubble Pizza.
Layer biscuits on the bottom of the greased baking dish, pour pizza sauce over top. Add cheese to the top and add other desired toppings.
The process of fermentation creates bubbles in your pizza crust. Sugar and yeast feed on carbon dioxide to produce alcohol, which traps moisture inside the dough as it expands when heated up!
A Sicilian-style pizza is thick, square-shaped with a thicker dough. It has larger pieces of tomato and toppings than other pizzas.
Make the dough and spread it out. Then top with sauce. Add toppings to the top of the pizza. Then top with cheese. Bake pizza in the oven. Then enjoy every bite.
- Save time on this recipe by using jarred pizza sauce instead of making your own.
- Make sure that your biscuits are completely covered in the sauce, so that they cook up evenly.
- Be sure that you spray your baking dish well with cooking spray before adding in the biscuits as this recipe tends to stick.
- Homemade biscuit dough can be used instead of canned if you prefer.
- If you like a spicy pizza sauce, and in ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce while it is simmering.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings like onions, peppers, mushrooms, Italian sausage, or any other topping that your family enjoys.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave for one to two minutes or until warm all the way through.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
Did you know that in Italy if you order a pizza at a restaurant it is typically served unsliced and eaten with a knife and fork?
Try our Caputo Pizza dough recipe for a taste of authentic pizza dough.
And if you're wanting something quick and easy, try our Italian Bruschetta Pizza recipe. Everyone wants this amazing recipe.
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
This Bubble Pizza Bread is a great twist on a classic recipe that your entire family will enjoy.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
Fun and Easy Bubble Pizza Bread
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 32 oz. refrigerated biscuits 2- 16 ounce cans
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices optional
- Fresh basil optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9x13 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, simmer the tomato sauce, tomato paste, olive oil, sugar, hot sauce, cumin, garlic powder, salt, dried oregano, and ground black pepper for 5- 10 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Take off heat and set aside for now.
- Cut each of the biscuits into fourths and place them on the bottom of the greased baking pan.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the biscuits and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with pepperoni (optional) or rest of desired toppings.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is melted and the biscuits are cooked through. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Plate and serve with chopped basil (optional).