Baby Arugula Tossed With Roasted Mushrooms and Leeks is a recipe that we come back to again and again. Do you have one like that?
We make this baby arugula several times a month. Do we tire of eating it?
Baby arugula salad is easy to assemble, delicious, and nutritious.The roasted mushrooms and leeks give the greens a gourmet taste. The lemon vinaigrette compliments the peppery taste of the arugula.
We like to place grilled salmon or our pompano with the lime and extra-virgin olive oil on top of the arugula. We like to use a combination of mushrooms, shitake and baby portabellas are the best.
Be sure to add the shitake in the mix because they are fantastic and make the Baby Arugula Tossed with Roasted Mushrooms and Leeks the special dish that it is!!
Tutti a tavola è pronto!
Un caro saluto e alla prossima.
Baby Arugula With Roasted Mushrooms and Leeks
- 5 ounces Organic Baby Arugula
- 1 fresh lemon juiced
- 2 leeks - white and light green only halve them and rinse them thoroughly to remove sand and grit. Once they are cleaned thinly slice.
- 6 ounces mushrooms cleaned - combination of baby portabellas and sliced shitake
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil -- or more if needed.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper q.b. quanto basta -- to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven 425 F.
- Toss mushrooms and leeks with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil -- you may need a little bit more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mushrooms and leeks onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for about 8 minutes. They should start to look a little golden and have given up some of their liquid.
- In the meantime put the arugula into a large bowl.
- Once the mushroom/leeks are done, immediately add them to the arugula and toss. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss again and serve immediately.
- The leftovers are great the next day. We've eaten them cold and even warmed them up a bit.
Sign up for the emails and never miss another recipe!!We'll never share your email or send you spam. Promise