If you’ve ever been served Marry Me Chicken then you’ll know from experience that it’s good enough to heighten emotions…strong enough for someone to pop the big question of marriage!
This Marry Me Chicken recipe will leave a lasting impression with its creamy sauce, juicy chicken, and pantry staple ingredients that will have you serving this one-pot weeknight chicken in just 25 minutes!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This Marry Me Chicken recipe is ultra juicy, creamy, and loaded with flavor. It’s so good that it’s likely to result in a marriage proposal from your partner!
- It’s perfect as a one-pot weeknight chicken dish that is super easy to make in just 25 minutes.
- Just a handful of pantry staples is all that’s required for this chicken breast recipe. Not to mention that you can also vary this dish in numerous ways!
If you want a winner-winner-chicken-dinner, look no further. This Marry Me Chicken recipe has everything your heart could desire!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: The full list of this recipe ingredients with their amounts and options are listed in the recipe card below.
- Chicken Breasts
- Black Pepper
- All-purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Stock
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chili Flakes
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Sun dried Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil Leaves
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Season and dredge the chicken in flour, shaking any excess off.
- Add the chicken to an oiled and heated skillet over medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes on either side until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, setting it aside. Add garlic to saute for a minute.
- Add chicken stock and deglaze the pan by scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Turning the heat to medium-low, add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, allowing the sauce to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the chili flakes, oregano, and thyme.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Return the browned chicken to the sauce, allowing the sauce to simmer and thicken for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil and serve.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Skillet - 12 inch
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring cup
These are the questions we are most frequently asked about making the Marry Me Chicken recipe.
Creamy sauces like this one in this chicken breast recipe don’t seem to hold up well in the freezer as the freezing turns the sauce from a silky consistency to a grainy texture.
This marry me chicken is often served over rice or mashed potatoes but you could also serve an array of roasted veggies on the side such as roasted green beans and roasted mini peppers. A slice or two of homemade bread is also highly recommended for soaking up any excess sauce!
Yes, it is! And if you’d like to keep this dish keto-friendly then I suggest serving your weeknight chicken over cauliflower mash, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles.
- Heavy cream works best for the sauce. Anything lighter than that and the sauce may not thicken enough.
- I always grate a block of cheese for my recipes. Pre-shredded parmesan cheese won’t have as much flavor and doesn’t melt as well either.
- If you serve your chicken immediately from the oven, be sure that the internal temperature is at 165F. Otherwise, remove your chicken from the oven at 160F and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. This resting time will bring the internal temperature up to the desired 165F and it’s also a great way to allow the meat juices to settle so that you end up with super juicy chicken pieces.
- Make sure to use a sharp knife when slicing the chicken breasts in half. Hold the chicken breast down with one hand on a flat wooden surface and slice parallel to the board.
- This recipe works best with pieces of chicken that are about ¼ inch in thickness. If they are thicker then you may need to pound them down.
- While I’ve used chicken breasts for this marry me chicken recipe, you could also use chicken steaks or cutlets instead.
- I used olive oil to brown the chicken and as a base for the other ingredients. You could use something like sun-dried tomato oil if you want more of an intense flavor to the dish.
- For a vegan-friendly version of this chicken cutlets recipe, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth, oat cream instead of heavy cream, and tofu instead of the chicken. It’s a delicious alternative!
- Feel free to add extra aroma and depth of flavor to this weeknight chicken by adding in extra garlic and a splash of red wine.
- I used boneless skinless breasts for this marry me chicken recipe but you could use other cuts of chicken such as thigh (with or without bones). Just note that any meat with bones in will require a longer cook time.
- If you don’t enjoy sun-dried tomatoes, use fresh tomatoes instead.
Leftover Italian chicken breast with creamy sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Simply reheat leftovers in the microwave or the oven. I also like to add a splash of water to the sauce as it will thicken during storage.
📗 Related Recipes
🍽 Serve with
This Marry me Chicken deserves a great base to be served over. Something like pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes would be a delicious carb addition and will help to soak up all that yummy sauce!
For a low-carb option, consider serving this weeknight chicken over butternut squash, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles.
📞 Chiacchierata (chat)
While I’d love to claim that this Marry Me Chicken recipe is how I get my husband to propose to me, he’s always shown just as much enthusiasm when it gets announced for the week’s menu planning!
If you’ve followed me for a while, you’ll know that I love convenient one-pot meals that are loaded with interesting textures, juicy meat, and bold flavors. This Marry Me Chicken ticks all of those boxes and some!
What's new? Check out my All Our Way Store on Amazon. We'll be adding more items we love and use or wish we had to make cooking fun and easy.
📝 Recipe Card
Marry Me Chicken is so good, it’s worthy of a marriage proposal! The one-pot dish is loaded with juicy chicken and a creamy aromatic sauce with bits of sun-dried tomatoes for a sweet and tangy taste. Serve it over pasta, rice, mash, or keep it low-carb with a ket-friendly serving of cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
One Pot Marry Me Chicken In Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- 3 Chicken Breast Boneless and skinless slices into thin cutlets for a total of 6 cutlets.
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 6 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano dried
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme dried
- ⅓ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Basil fresh
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour. Shake off the excess flour.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil and melt the butter over medium heat. swirl the pan to coat it with the oil and butter evenly.
- Brown the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Do NOT overcrowd the chicken in the pan. If necessary, work in batches.
- Transfer the chicken onto a plate. Cover the chicken cutlets and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic for a minute or until it's fragrant. Add the chicken stock, and deglaze the pan by scraping, with a wooden spoon, any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- With the heat on medium-low, add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Allow the sauce to simmer for 2-3 minutes, then season with the chili flakes, oregano, and thyme.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Add the sun dried tomatoes then return the chicken to the sauce and let the sauce simmer and thicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over pasta or rice.