Corn, Tomato, Zucchini Sauté
A delicious summer vegetable dish that capitalizes on the wonderfully fresh vegetables of the season. A tasty blend with a touch of Italian to the mixed veggies.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini about 7 inches each sliced in half lengthwise then sliced again lengthwise then dice into half moons
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes- we used our black cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed or 3 medium ears of corn rubbed with butter and roasted over grill until you get some nice charred kernels, cut kernels off of cob
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons minced basil can substitute cilantro
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add the minced garlic and continue to stir for about another 2 minutes. Stir in the corn and cherry tomatoes and cook until the tomato skins start to split about another 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the basil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 739mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 996IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg