Easy Winning Pizza Sauce
A rich thick pizza sauce that is easy to make, uses quality ingredients and is full of tomato and fresh herb flavor.
Servings: 6 people
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes crushed with juice
- 9 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 frozen basil cube** or 3 teaspoons fresh basil chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In saucepan saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Simmer for 30 minutes or more for a thick consistency.
If you want a smooth sauce use a stick blender or a regular blender once the sauce cools.
- ** basil cubes are fresh basil leaves we pulsed in the food processor and froze in oil sprayed ice cube trays. Once the basil freezes we put the cubes in a freezer bag and use them as needed.
- There is enough sauce to make 3-4 12 inch pizzas depending on how much sauce you like on the pizza.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 761mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.5mg