Grilled Portabella Mushroom alla Caprese
A large portabella mushroom is first brushed with olive oil, stuffed with mozzarella cheese, topped with halved grape tomatoes then sprinkled with fresh basil before grilling.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Portabella mushroom -- as many as needed -- gently brush to clean pop out stem and remove gills by scraping inside with a spoon.
- 2 oz Mozzarella cheese -- grated
- 16 Grape tomatoes -- sliced in half
- ½ cup Fresh basil -- thinly sliced chiffonade
- 2 tbsp olive oil for brushing the outside of the portabella mushroom
- 2 tbsp Optional: Balsamic glaze we got ours at Trader Joe
Preheat grill 350 F.
Brush the outside of the mushroom with olive oil, including the top rim.
Put the tomatoes in a bowl with the basil. Pour a little olive oil in with the ingredients and salt and pepper. Mix and let sit for a few minutes.
Sprinkle cheese in the cap of the mushrooms, then spoon some of the tomatoes and basil on top of the cheese.
**Grill the mushroom until the cheese melts but be careful not to overcook the mushroom.
Place the mushroom on plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
- ** You can bake the mushroom(s) in a preheated 400 F oven. The mushrooms should be placed on a foil lined baking sheet.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 1081mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3285IU | Vitamin C: 39.4mg | Calcium: 349mg | Iron: 1.7mg