Roasted Grape Tomatoes And Garlic Pasta
Roasted Grape Tomatoes and Garlic Pasta is a quick dish that uses simple ingredients with the oven doing the work. Already peeled garlic from the grocery store makes is super easy.
- 8 oz. dry pasta -- we used bucatini
- 1 package each red and yellow grape tomatoes 10.5 oz. each
- ⅓ cup sliced fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt black pepper, and red pepper flakes
- 4 cups combination arugula and baby spinach 1 small bag *
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Toss tomatoes and garlic with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Arrange tomatoes and garlic in a single layer on prepared baking sheet; roast until tomatoes just begin to burst, about 15 minutes.
While the tomatoes and garlic are roasting, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to directions; reserve 1 cup pasta water **, then drain. Make sure the pasta is al dente.
Toss the arugula and baby spinach with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl; season with salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Add the pasta, tomatoes, and garlic; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water to reach desired sauce consistency.
Garnish each serving with Pecorino Romano cheese.
- * You may use just baby spinach, arugula, or a combination. I had a small package of spinach/arugula combination on hand; I used the entire package.
- ** I didn't need the entire cup of pasta water -- I used ½ cup.
- Adapted from the Roasted Grape Tomato & Garlic Spaghetti recipe from Cuisine at Home May/June 2015 issue.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 7.1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.3mg