Grilled Lime Herb Fish with Truffle Oil
Fish fillets are seasoned with Italian Herbs, salt, pepper, before they are grilled. When they are finished a splash of freshly squeezed lime juice and a light drizzle of truffle oil gives the fish a rich citrus taste.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 - 8- ounce fillets for grilling be sure you use a fatty or moderately fatty fish -- we used pompano If at all possible leave the skin on.
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning blend
- 2 Limes halved
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Truffle oil for drizzling or use extra virgin olive oil
Rub the fillets with vegetable oil and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning blend.
Grill the fillets skin-side up over medium-hot fire for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip them and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the fish is opaque all the way through.
Remove the fillets from the fire, squeeze a half lime over each fillet, drizzle some truffle or olive oil over them and then sprinkle with parsley.
- Inspired by The Thrill of the Grill: Techniques, Recipes, & Down-Home Barbecue.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 13.3mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.1mg