Blueberry Bottom Cream Pie
Blueberry Bottom Cream Pie is a layered dessert with a beautiful purple blueberry bottom layer, a creamy lemon middle layer and a sweet whipped cream studded with lemon as the fluffy top layer.
Servings: 10 people
- 2 packages 4-serving size Lemon Pudding and Pie Filling ( NOT instant)
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups blueberries pureed (1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 ½ cups thawed Whipped Topping
Combine 1 package pie filling mix, ¼ cup of the milk, the pureed berries and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full boil. Pour into crust; cover with plastic wrap and chill.
Prepare remaining package pie filling mix with remaining milk as directed on package for pie. Add 1 teaspoon of the lemon rind; pour into bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill about 1 hour, until cold. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping and spoon over blueberry layer.
Combine remaining whipped topping and lemon rind. Spoon over filling. Freeze for 1 hour or chill in refrigerator 3 hours before serving. Garnish with blueberries and mint leaves, if desired.
- We freeze the pie and we take it out of the freezer about an hour before serving.
- We don't like having a partial container of whipped topping left over so we usually end up using all of the topping for the dessert - it won't negatively affect the pie at all :-)
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 0.5mg