Garlic Cheesy Bread With Garlic Bread Seasoning
This can't stop eating garlic cheese bread is loaded with cheesy garlic butter seasoning that can be paired with any Italian meal. Learn how to make your very own garlic bread seasoning with two options for applying to bread.
Garlic Bread Seasoning
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (3 ounces like the Kraft brand on the shelf)
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Parsley flakes dried
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt use as much or as little as you want
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried
For Split Garlic Bread
- 16 ounce Italian or French Bread Cut in half lengthwise
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter 1 stick softened
Cheesy Stuffed Bread
- 16 ounce Sourdough bread May use Vienna but sourdough works better.
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Divided and softened
Garlic Bread Seasoning
Place the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley flakes, kosher salt, and dried Italian seasoning in a medium size bowl and whisk to combine.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
For Split Garlic bread
Mix 3 Tablespoons garlic seasoning and 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) softened unsalted butter together.
Cut the French or Italian bread in half lengthwise and evenly spread the cut sides with the garlic butter.
Place the bread butter-side up on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350℉until the bread is toasted and warmed through, about 25 minutes. For a crispier garlic bread, broil on low until golden brown, about 1 minute more. Slice crosswise and serve.
For Cheesy Stuffed Bread
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Cream together 3 Tablespoons garlic bread seasoning with 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) softened butter.
Cut the bread in diagonal slices - in one direction only. Butter the bread on all sides of the slices. This is generously buttering both walls within the cracks.
When you've buttered the bread on each side of the slice, cut the bread to make diamonds. As you cut through the bread, the knife will spread the butter into the new crevices you made.
Use you fingers to knife to pry open each crack and stuff a pinch of cheese in there.
Brush the bread's surface with the remaining butter.
Wrap the bread with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted. Unwrap and fake for 5-10 minutes more to make the bread golden and crusty.
- This cheesy stuffed garlic bread can easily be made ahead of time. Use softened butter, not melted, mix with garlic bread seasoning and smear it into the diagonal cracks. Stuff the cheese inside the cracks, wrap the bread and refrigerate it or freeze it until ready to bake. Just prior to baking, brush the top of the bread with some remaining garlic seasoning butter.
- It’s best to use denser bread for making cheesy stuffed garlic bread so that the pieces pulled off will hold together. A good example of dense bread is sourdough.
- When making the cheesy stuffed garlic bread, use already baked bread and not unbaked bread dough.
- If you’re in a rush to butter the crevices of all cracks in the diagonally sliced bread then you are going to love this tip! Simply cut the bread diagonally one way, spreading the softened butter on the walls of each crack. Then cut the bread diagonally the other way to make diamond shaped cuts and drag the knife with butter again along the walls. This will help to spread the butter into the new crevices although you may not get as thorough a coverage as you would taking your time but it’s a quick way to get the job done.
- For plain garlic bread, omit the cheese from the garlic bread seasoning.
- Use different dried herbs instead of parsley if you like such as rosemary or thyme.
- Use a different cheese of your choice instead of Parmesan. Whatever you opt for, make sure that it will melt well.
- I’ve used sourdough bread for the cheesy stuffed bread. You could also use something like Vienna but sourdough definitely works the best.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 301IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg