Shrimp Stir Fry Italian Style-Appetizing One Pan Meal
Shrimp Stir Fry Italian substitutes the usual Asian flavors with garlic, lemon, oregano, hot pepper flakes, tomatoes, and arugula over your choice of pasta.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces linguine or your pasta of choice fresh or dry pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or more if you like it spicier
- 1 pound peeled uncooked wild-caught shrimp
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package arugula about 4 cups
- 1 package 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 can 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh diced Italian parsley
- ½ lemon squeezed for lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot bring water to a boil, salt the water, add the pasta. Cook according to directions until al dente. ( we used our frozen homemade pasta for this dish.
Drain the pasta and set aside.
You can use the same pot for the rest of the dish but we used a large pan. On medium high heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant being careful not to burn the garlic.
Toss in shrimp, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until shrimp start to turn pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside. Shrimp cooks fast and you don't want to overcook it.
Add oregano and the fresh sliced mushrooms. Continue to stir until the mushrooms start to release their liquid. Add the canned tomatoes with juice and let simmer for 5 minutes more.
Return cooked pasta to the pot, add the arugula and continue to mix. Once the arugula starts to wilt add the shrimp, remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Stir until well mixed and the butter is melted.
Add lemon juice and mix again. Serve while hot! Buon appetito!
Recipe can be easily doubled.
Adapted from Buzzfeed recipe: One-Pot Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Calories: 788kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 319mg | Sodium: 1789mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 9.5mg | Calcium: 332mg | Iron: 6.3mg