Roasted Rosemary Potatoes with Garlic
Simple ingredients of rosemary, garlic, olive oil , salt and pepper make this potato dish very flavorful. It is easy to prep ahead of time and then roast close to the time when you are ready to eat.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 people
- 4 pounds Yukon gold new potatoes halved.
- 12 cloves garlic minced
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary chopped
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small saucepan add the oil, garlic and rosemary and heat on medium-low until the oil is infused with the garlic and rosemary flavor, about five minutes. Don't let it cook. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place the potatoes in a shallow baking dish lined with foil and large enough to hold the potatoes in a single layer.
Drizzle with the infused oil and toss well to evenly coat.
Sprinkle with the coarse salt and pepper - qb (quanto basta) or to taste.
Roast uncovered for 40-50 minutes, depending on size, turning halfway through cooking time, or until the potatoes are nicely browned and tender through the center.
- We prep the potatoes ahead of time by putting the halved potatoes in a bowl, drizzle with the cool olive oil, toss to cover the potatoes then place a lid on them until we are ready to roast in the oven. When we are ready we place the potatoes on the lined baking sheet, spread out the potatoes evenly then salt and pepper. Again we toss, spread out the potatoes then place the baking sheet in the 400 F oven.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 1297mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3mg