Parmesan Herb Pizza Bread No Knead Recipe
A quick and easy bread with the taste of Italy. The herbs and Parmesan cheese fills the house with an aroma of pizza baking.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time45 mins
rising time45 mins
Total Time53 mins
Servings: 10 people
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 pkg. active dry yeast or 3 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves or Italian Seasoning I used Tuscan Sunset which is an Italian seasoning sold by Penzey's Spices
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour separated into 3 cups and 1 1/2 cups
- 2.5 oz salami optional
Sprinkle yeast over warm water in large mixing bowl. Let stand a few minutes: stir to dissolve. If you are using instant yeast skip this step and just put the warm water in the mixing bowl.
Add sugar, salt, butter, 1/2 cup cheese, your choice of seasoning, 3 cups flour ( and instant yeast if you didn't use active dry). Beat, at low speed, until blended. At medium speed, beat until smooth -- 2 minutes. Gradually add in the rest of the flour. Scrape down bowl and beaters.
Put dough into greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
Let rise in warm place (85F), free from drafts, about 45 minutes, or until quite light and bubbly and more than double in bulk.
Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole with nonstick oil; set aside.
With wooden spoon, stir down batter. Beat vigorously 1/2 minute, or about 25 strokes. Turn into casserole. Sprinkle top of batter evenly with 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake 55 minutes, or until nicely browned. Turn out onto wire rack. Let cool, or serve slightly warm, in wedges.
- I package active dry yeast is equal to 2 1/4 teaspoons.
- You may need to tent the bread with aluminum foil if the top is browning too quickly.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2.5% | Calcium: 7.7% | Iron: 16.3%