Rotini With Lemon, Grape Tomatoes, Basil and Ricotta Salata
This is a quick and easy pasta dish. The fresh ingredients of lemon, grape tomatoes, garlic, Ricotta Salata and basil makes an easy and quick tasty sauce.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 pound Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced or slivered
- 1 cup crumbled Ricotta Salata cheese or Feta cheese
- 10 Basil leaves chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl add the tomatoes, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, Ricotta Salata cheese, salt and pepper. Let sit while the flavors meld.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook the rotini, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. You will want the pasta al dente because it needs to soak up some of the tomato and lemon. Reserve 1/2 cup of the water before draining the pasta
Place the hot pasta on top of the tomatoes and other ingredients. Toss to combine, adding the pasta water if you feel the pasta is too dry. I find that there is usually enough juice in the bottom that the additional water is unnecessary.
Serve. If you have any pasta left over, refrigerate and it is also good cold.
Calories: 688kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1745IU | Vitamin C: 38.1mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 2.4mg