It all started with having some extra heavy whipping cream left over from all the Christmas cooking; it ended with a heavenly Cherry Almond Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream. The family voted. . .
. . .it was unanimous.
Cherry Almond Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream was their favorite!
No Churn Ice-Cream is easy
I’m almost embarrassed to admit how very easy this is to put together. Almost . . . but not quite. How can I keep this very delicious ice cream to myself? And really, who has to know how very easy a dessert this is? After all, it’s just between friends, right??
No- Churn Ice Cream is versatile
I had another no-churn ice cream I’d made around Thanksgiving that I’d planned to post. But after tasting this rich, creamy dessert, I knew that I had to hurry and share this recipe. This dessert is a delightful addition during the Christmas season. In fact, I think Cherry Almond Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream would even make an elegant Valentine’s Day dessert — just drizzle a little chocolate on top if you want to make it even more special. Yum!
Cherry Almond Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream has few ingredients
Are you ready for all of the ingredients? Here goes: one can of cherry pie filling, one can of sweetened condensed milk, shaved almonds, heavy whipping cream, almond extract, and a splash of amaretto liqueur.
I will write out the directions, but heavens, it’s so easy. And if you’re feeling adventurous you can always use another kind of pie filling, but I thought the beautiful Cherry Almond Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream is perfect for this Holiday Season.
Tutti a tavola è pronto!
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk ( not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup shaved almonds lightly toasted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- Chill the bowl and beaters before whipping the cream
- Mix the cherry pie filling, the sweetened condensed milk, almond extract and liqueur in a bowl and chill.
- Whip the cream in the chilled bowl with the chilled beaters until you get stiff peaks.
- Using the same beaters slightly whip the chilled cherry ingredients. You don't want to break up all of the cherries.
- Fold the cherry ingredients into the whipped cream until blended. Don't mix! Fold! Once it is mixed through add the cooled toasted almonds. Put in containers and freeze. Makes about 2 quarts ice cream.
Note: Recipes and content from © 2015 All Our Way are copyright protected. Please do not use content or recipe without prior written permission. If you want to share the information, please link to this post. Grazie.